These honey bbq chicken legs are out of this world delicious. Simple and easy to make and the best part? They are light on the budget!
I love finding delicious cuts of meat that are not that expensive. Have you seen the price of meat these days? I feel like I have to sell a kidney just to buy a pack of boneless chicken breasts. The price is crazy ridiculous.
But that is where these Honey BBQ Chicken Legs come in!
Chicken legs are a very cheap cut of meat. You can buy a couple of packs of legs for the same price it would cost to buy one pack of chicken breasts. I got these beauties from a local farm-to-table website here in my area — Harvest Crate.
And — to be honest, dark meat is so much more flavorful than white meat.
So, lets talk about the sauce
The sauce on these chicken legs is so simple and easy! It only requires 5 ingredients and only takes 5 minutes of your time to get it ready for the oven.
Just mix the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, and garlic powder to make the sauce, pour over the chicken legs, and bake!
While they are baking, the bbq glaze will thicken. When the legs are done, simply take the sauce and scoop and drizzle over the legs.
The best part about this dish is crisping that skin under the broiler.
Can You Use Other Cuts of Meat?
The answer to this is of course! Any cut of meat will work for this recipe. You will just have to adjust the cooking time.
Since these are chicken legs, they need a lot less time than chicken breasts would need.
This is one of the easiest chicken recipes you will ever make. Not only that, but you will be licking all the sauce off your fingers as well.
Check Out These Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- Blackstone Griddle Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Braised Apple Cider Chicken
- Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sliders
Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Adobo Chicken Wings from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Air Fryer Chicken Patties from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cheesy Onion Chicken from That Recipe
- Chicken an Bulgar Pilaf from Pandemonium Noshery
- Chicken Lettuce Stir Fry Wraps from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Baked Bruschetta Chicken from Blogghetti
- Easy Chicken Stroganoff from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Organic Chicken Bone Broth from Art of Natural Living
- Southern Fried Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- 12 chicken legs
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a 9x12 baking sheet with foil.
- Put the chicken legs on the baking sheet in a single layer. Alternate the drumstick at one end to keep them lying in an even layer.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, and garlic powder in a bowl, then pour the mixture over the chicken legs.
- Put the chicken legs in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and flip them with the tongs.
- Return the chicken legs to the oven and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Now, place the chicken under the broiler and broil for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken legs on a platter and drizzle the remaining honey soy sauce from the baking sheet over the chicken legs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 328mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 63g