These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are some of the best pancakes you’ll ever eat! They have the perfect Italian flair made with creamy ricotta and fresh lemon. What's not to love?
I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
Ricotta Cheese in Pancakes?
I know what you're thinking because I thought it too at first — cheese in pancakes? The ricotta does not give it a savory cheesy taste at all. In fact, you don't even taste it at all. It adds moisture and makes the pancakes taste creamy and give them a buttery feel.
Ricotta is a good filler for all kinds of delicious dishes, including these lemon ricotta pancakes. Here are a few favorite recipes of mine that use ricotta cheese.
Making these pancakes are simple and easy. The ricotta cheese works like cream cheese in a dish. Other ingredients are vanilla, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, flour, and milk.
If you want them to have that crispy flapjack feel when cooking them, make sure to spray your pan really well with a nonstick cooking spray, like the all-purpose baking spray from La Tourangelle.
These pancakes are so good when topped with butter, your favorite fruit, and then drizzled with maple syrup.
Thursday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Chess Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Dump Cake by The Fresh Cooky
- Easy Peasy Lemon Cookies by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by An Affair From The Heart
- Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken by Lemon Blossoms
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 Tbsp lemon zest (
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Nonstick baking spray
- Place a skillet on medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all the ingredients. No need to seperate the dry from the wet.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with berries and maple syrup.
Enter to Wina Rafflecopter giveaway
For a list of the prizes and the contest rules and regulations, visit my 15-minute lemon pasta recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 11g