Did you know that you can buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and create these delicious White Chicken Enchiladas? Get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Packed with flavor and creamy goodness, your family will surely be wowed with this dish.
Sometimes, but not that often, I get really tired of just tacos. When I do, I find other recipes that fit my tastebuds, and these easy enchiladas do the trick every time.
Now, I am not a fan of red enchilada sauce, unless I make it homemade. But this white enchilada sauce has quickly become my favorite.
How to Make White Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe is super simple thanks to the rotisserie chicken I picked up from the store. No need to cook any chicken for this dish. It cuts down on the cooking time and is also cheaper than buying chicken to cook for this recipe.
Start by pulling all the meat off the chicken. Discard the bones and the skin. If you are like me, the skin doesn't go to waste. I eat it as a snack 🙂
Once all the chicken has been pulled from the bones, set it aside. Now, add some cheese to the chicken and start filling the tortillas.
Take a 10″ flour tortilla and place some of the chicken and cheese inside. Roll them up tight, and place them in a 9×13 baking dish. You should be able to fit 8-10 tortillas in the pan.
Now, make the sauce — chicken broth, flour, butter, sour cream, and diced green chiles. Pour over the top of the enchiladas and then top with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. That's it! If you want the cheese bubblier and more brown, simply place it under the broiler for a minute or two.
If you love chicken casserole-type dishes, try this Easy Cheesy Chicken Bake — full of garlicky goodness!
What to serve with White Chicken Enchiladas
Repurposed Rotisserie Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- California Chicken Club Wrap from Palatable Pastime
- Cheesy BBQ Chicken Taquitos from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chicken Pesto Stuffed Peppers from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Chicken Risotto from That Recipe
- 10 small soft flour tortillas -- you can use corn or flour
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded nd cooked chicken (we like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese - shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4oz can diced green chillies
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the bone. Discard the skin.
- Combine shredded chicken with 1 cup of cheese.
- Fill the tortillas with all of the mixture above. Roll each of them and place them in a greased pan with the size 9×13.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir the flour into the butter and whisk for 1 minute.
- After one minute add broth and whisk together. Cook over heat until it thickens and bubbles up.
- Take off the heat and add sour cream and diced green chilies
- Pour the mixture over your enchiladas, and add the remaining cheese on top of it.
- Bake it in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 873mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g