This easy 15 minute lemon pasta dish is so full of cheesy lemon pasta flavor. It is one of my favorite quick dinner ideas.
I love when Kayla and I have a girl's night in while the guys are out doing guy things.
This was originally published on February 17, 2012 but has since been updated with new photos.
We love it when we have these nights to ourselves because it gives us the opportunity to create new foods like this delicious easy 15 minute Lemon Pasta, and spend some quality mommy-daughter time together.
We both were in a pasta mood so I decided to do some browsing and find a delicious new pasta recipe. I came upon a Baked Lemon Pasta recipe from the Pioneer Woman that I knew I could twist and adapt to fit our style.
I loved the flavors of this creamy and delicious Lemon Pasta. I did not bake mine as the Pioneer Woman did and it still turned out fabulous. This one is quickly becoming a favorite among my daughter and I.
How to Easily Make This Lemon Pasta Dish
I served this pasta dish with some bread that I got on sale and a delicious Spinach and Strawberry salad (recipe coming soon).
This entire meal costs me around $6 to make for the entire family (enough to feed a family of 6-8)! It was filling, delicious and so inexpensive that I will be making this again real soon!
What makes this such an easy dish to make is that there is really no proteins or sides to prepare.
Simply cook your pasta and make the sauce. Mix together and then dinner is done!
Make sure that if you are making this dish, splurge and buy real Parmesan Cheese. Do not use the stuff in the can. Fresh Parmesan makes this dish taste so much better in my opinion.
So — put on your favorite PJ's, put on a girl's movie and make this for dinner tonight. You will have the best time hanging out with your daughter (or son) and eating a delicious and quick dinner made by you!
What have you made lately? What is your favorite quick weeknight dinner?
Looking for other delicious quick dinners? Here are a few we have whipped up lately —
- Mongolian Ground Beef Noodles
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Carbonara
- 100 Meals You Can Make in 15 Minutes
- One Pan Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1 box of spaghetti noodles
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
- Plenty Of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
- Extra Lemon Juice
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the box.
- Drain the pasta and reserve a cup of the cooking liquid. Set everything aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter with the olive oil over medium-low heat. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.
- Add your sour cream to the butter mixture. Add lemon zest and salt. Stir everything together and then taste. You might want to add some more salt if it needs it.
- Pour sour cream mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together. If the sauce seems too thick, use some of the pasta water to loosen it up a bit.
- Move it to a beautiful serving bowl and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the pasta one more time if you want too.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g