This yummy Mango Jam is easy to make and has only has 3 ingredients! This jam is perfect for toast and topping for your appetizers, and I also love using it for my macarons.
Of course, if you are adventurous, you can also use it as a sauce for meat or filling for your cakes. I love that it only has 3 ingredients.
When I got my box of fruit in from Melissa's Produce, I had about 6 mangoes. I don't usually eat mangoes, so I needed a way to use them up, and making this jam was a perfect idea!
How to Make Mango Jam
It doesn't take much to make this jam. All you need are these 3 simple ingredients —
Basically, just chop the fruit up, and let it cook for a few minutes to soften it. Then, add the lemon juice and the sugar. Allow it to cook down just a bit and use a potato masher to mash the fruit up. I also like to use an immersion blender. I pulse it a few times to break up the big pieces.
The lemon juice acts like pectin so it is what thickens the jam.
Check Out these other delicious jam recipes on the blog
- Green Pepper Jelly
- Red Pepper Jelly
- 20 Minute Pumpkin Butter
- Orange Jelly
- Pear Vanilla Jam
- Freezer Strawberry Jam
- Peach Jam
- Bacon Jam
- Crockpot Blueberry Butter
- Blackberry Jam
Jammin for Jams
- Cranberry Jam from Art of Natural Living
- Easy Apple Butter from Palatable Pastime
- Kumquat Jam from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mango Jam from Jen Around the World
- Mango Pineapple Freezer Jam from That Recipe
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
3 Ingredient Mango Jam
Simply easy to make, this jam only has 3 ingredients.
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup sugar, or to taste
- In a medium saucepan, place the cubed mangoes and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. Gently mash the mangoes to release their juices.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and looks glossy.
- When you're happy with the consistency transfer it to clean jelly jars and let them cool completely. Add the lids and then place them in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 1g