It's National Cheese Doodle Day so we are celebrating by sharing our easy Flamin' Hot Cheeto Mozzarella Sticks with you.
Flamin' Hot Cheetos happen to be my absolute favorite cheese doodle. The crunchy and the spicy together just makes my tastebuds sing.
But when you put those little doodles with some mozzarella cheese and fry it up — holy moly. It is PURE deliciousness.
So what do you need to make these? Let me show you!
How to Make Flamin' Hot Cheeto Mozzarella Sticks
To make this recipe, here is what you will need —
- One bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mozzarella string cheese sticks
Cut all your cheese sticks in half. You can leave them longer if you want long sticks, but we like the smaller ones.
Add the Cheetos to a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Mix together the Cheetos and the flour. Set aside.
Beat two eggs in a bowl.
Now, dip the mozzarella sticks in the egg and roll in the Cheetos mix. Dip in the eggs again and roll into the Cheetos.
Place them on a baking tray once coated and freeze for two hours.
After two hours, heat your vegetable oil to 350 and fry for about 3 minutes or until the cheese begins to seep out from the mozzarella sticks.
Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Serve with marinara sauce on the side.
Check out these other delicious recipes
HTML INFO HERE
- 1 12 ounce bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- 1 package of string cheese sticks (like the Frigo brand)
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- oil for frying
- Marinara sauce
- Add the Cheetos to a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs.
- Mix the Cheetos crumbs with the flour and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and beat together. Set them aside.
- Remove the wrappers from the string cheese and cut in half.
- Roll each cheese log in the egg and then in the Cheeto mixture. Repeat this process.
- Place the coated cheese logs on a baking tray. Once they have all been coated, freeze for two hours.
- After two hours, add frying oil (vegetable, canola, or peanut) to a dutch oven (filling only 1/3 of the way full. Heat to 350.
- Frying in batches, add 4 cheeseticks in. Let them fry for about 3 minutes or until the cheese begins to ooze out of the cheesestick.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g