We do a lot of baking — and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! We love giving homemade goodies like my homemade cinnamon rolls as gifts to friends and family. These delicious Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes are so easy to make and look so festive.
For a moist and delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake, you need to start with a good batter. Now, I know I could make this cake batter from scratch. But why do that when Duncan Hines has already done it for me and made it super easy?
Of course, you can use this and make a full-size cake, but these are for gifts so I got this amazing Wilton mini loaf pan on Amazon. With this mini loaf pan, you can do SO much, and because it is a Wilton pan, it is non-stick making it perfect for these upside-down beauties!
How to Make Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
For starters, you will need to melt your butter and mix together with brown sugar. These two ingredients are what keep your cakes from sticking to the pan.
Once you mix them together, you are going to slice the edges off of your pineapple slices so that they fit perfectly in the bottom of your pan.
Now, add in half of the maraschino cherry and top that with the mixed-up cake batter.
Once they get done baking in the oven, immediately run a knife around the side of each loaf pan to loosen cake. I use a cookie sheet and place it on the mini loaf pan. Then I turn it upside down together so that the cakes can fall out onto the cookie sheet.
Leave the mini loaf pan over the cakes for about 5 minutes so the brown sugar topping can drizzle over all the cakes. Remove the pan and let the cakes cool for about 30 minutes then wrap to give to friends and family.
Check out these other Mini Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves
- Chocolate Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes
- Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Pies
- Key Lime Mini Loaf Cakes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can, 20 oz pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 jar, 6 oz maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box Duncan Hines™ SuperMoist™ Pineapple Extreme Cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Melt butter on stove top and mix in the brown sugar.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons in each mini loaf pan.
- Now, arrange pineapple slices with edges cut off on brown sugar mixture Place half of a cherry in center of each pineapple slice
- Press gently into brown sugar mixture.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 702mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 2gSugar: 68gProtein: 4g
What is one of your favorite treats to give to friends and family?