This sweet potato hummus is made with roasted sweet potato, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin! You won't find any chickpeas in this dish. The best part is that this dish is vegan so everyone can enjoy it! It’s creamy, subtly sweet, flavorful, and super easy to whip up.
I am a huge fan of hummus. We have made all kinds around here, but I believe this sweet potato hummus has been my favorite.
How to Make Sweet Potato Hummus
Start with your sweet potatoes. I like to roast mine in the oven. It seems to give a much better flavor to the hummus.
Take the roasted potato, peel it, and add it to the food processor. Pour the other ingredients in also and then process until smooth.
If you do not have a food processor, you can simply use a handheld mixer to mix it together. It might be a bit clumpy though.
Transfer the sweet potato hummus to a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil, some fresh herbs, and a dash of paprika. Serve with your favorite chopped veggies or pita chips for dipping.
This hummus stores really well in the fridge. Store any leftover hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-7 days.
Check out these other delicious sweet potato recipes
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Tacos
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Everything Bagel Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- drizzle of olive oil, for serving
- dash of paprika, for serving
- Salt and pepper
- fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke holes in the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. They should be fork tender.
- Peel the skins and place them in a food processor along with all the other ingredients (except the paprika, herbs, and salt and pepper)
- Process until everything is smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil, some paprika, and chopped fresh herbs.
- Serve with our favorite veggies, crackers, and pita bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g