This Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll Cake will knock your socks off! It is an award-winning recipe and the perfect dessert to feed your family this fall and winter.
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Every year in our town we have an event called Tater Day. It is a HUGE thing in my small town. This year, they had a bake-off challenge for sweet potatoes, so I decided to make this fantastic sweet potato cinnamon roll cake — and you know what? It took home first prize. It is JUST THAT GOOD!
My husband raves about this delicious dessert every time I make it. Even if you have picky eaters, they will love this because the sweet potatoes are so suttle in this recipe — you won't even taste them.
The cake is topped with a pecan glaze and a cinnamon sugar mixture. You can see all the dots of sweet potato in the cake so you know they are there!
This is a made-from-scratch dessert and you will not find a box cake mix here. It really is one of the best desserts I have made in a long time.
Check out these other desserts you might like
Friday #FallFlavors Recipes
Appetizers and Beverages
- Delicious Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian from Our Crafty Mom
- Vegan Sweet Potato Cutlets from Magical Ingredients
- Cinnamon Chip Apple Muffins from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Walnut Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette from Art of Natural Living
- Autumn Chicken Cobb Salad from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Ham, Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker German Pork Roast from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cinnamon Chip Cookies from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Ginger Apple Pear Crisp from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Maple Brown Sugar Cookies with Candied Sage from The Spiffy Cookie
- Maple Pecan Biscotti from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Caramel Trifle Mason Jar Dessert from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars from Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Dump Cake from An Affair from the Heart
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll Cake from Jen Around the World
For the cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 11/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the cinnamon sugar topping
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
For the pecan glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In your KitchenAid stand mixer, beat sweet potatoes and milk until smooth. Add beaten eggs, and vanilla and mix well until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. Mix well to combine.
- Slowly add flour to the sweet potato mixture, Be sure not to overmix.
- Now, drizzle in the melted butter and mix it in well.
- Pour the batter into the 9x13 pan. Set aside while you make the topping.
- For the topping, mix together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour until well combined.
- Drop the mixture in small bits all over the batter. Make it as even as possible.
- Now, use a knife and swirl the cinnamon sugar topping through the cake. This is the cinnamon roll portion of the cake.
- Bake cake for 30- 35 minutes. Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to set for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is resting, make the glaze topping. Mix together the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and pecans. Pour over the cake while the cake is still slightly warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 619Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 496mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 3gSugar: 50gProtein: 11g