I started making the best pot roast seasoning blend a few months ago and it has really upped the flavor of my classic pot roast! It's super easy to put together.
One of my favorite dinners to fix for my family is my Classic Pot Roast. It is so simple and delicious. During the fall, when the weather is cooler, I will throw a huge chunk of meat in the crockpot and cover it in this Pot Roast Seasoning after browning it on all sides.
I discovered this blend after playing around with several recipes. We have tried several, and none of them had the perfect blend until I added a few more of my pantry spices.
I finally settled on this perfect recipe and it has been my go-to ever since.
How to Make the Best Pot Roast Seasoning Blend
This recipe makes an entire jar full of spice blend, so you have enough to make 5 or 6 roasts from just this one recipe. I just store mine in an airtight jar in the pantry.
In the jar, you have the following spices — which should all be pantry staples if you have stocked your pantry like I have shared with you in the past.
- All-purpose flour
- onion powder
- celery seed
- dried basil
- dried rosemary
- cayenne pepper
All you have to do is just mix everything up and store until ready to use. That's it! So now that you have this recipe in your arsenal, let's start meal planning and making delicious meals together 🙂 Enjoy!
Looking for other spice blends? Check out these recipes
- The Best BBQ Dry Rub You Will Ever Make
- The Ultimate Steak Rub
- Homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning
- How to Make Your Own Greek Seasoning Blend
- How to Make Your Very Own Paula Deen House Seasoning
Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter as well because I have a huge list of 36 homemade mixes you get for free just for signing up!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of celery seed
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g