This Apple and Prosciutto Pizza is full of amazing flavor from the sauce, the toppings, and more.
October is National Pizza Month so I decided to share with you an amazing pizza that my daughter came up with. Not only is this pizza different than any other pizza I have tasted, but it has become my new favorite way to eat pizza.
Read on to learn more about my Apple and Prosciutto Pizza!
This delicious pizza starts with my homemade butternut squash sauce on the bottom as the base. Most pizzas either use a red sauce or a garlic sauce. But for this one, we wanted a sauce that paired with the apples.
How to Make Apple and Prosciutto Pizza
I had some leftover Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from another recipe I had made, so we used it instead of making a puree.
We also make our very own homemade pizza dough and it is not hard at all.
For the cheese on this pizza, we used Ricotta cheese. It is so creamy and delicious and adds a little something extra to each bite of pizza.
We sliced apples really thin and placed them all on top of the pizza and then added on shaved Prosciutto as well.
Then it gets baked until it is golden brown and delicious.
Once the pizza comes out, top it with shaved Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of honey. Season with salt and pepper and then enjoy!
Check Out these other amazing pizza recipes!
More Perfect Pizza Recipes:
- Apple Prosciutto Pizza from Jen Around the World
- Autumn Pizza from Our Good Life
- Broccoli Pizza with Provolone, Mozzarella, and Pecorino Romano from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe from The Fresh Cooky
- Crab Rangoon Pizza from Palatable Pastime
- Filet French Bread Pizza from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- French Bread Mummy Pizzas from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hatch Chile Pizza with Bacon and Mozzarella from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chili and Ricotta Sauce Pineapple Pizza from Magical Ingredients
- Pizza Gyoza from That Recipe
- Skillet Pizza Dip from Family Around the Table
- Taco Pizza from Art of Natural Living
- Tortilla Pizza from Fresh April Flours
- White Pizza (Pizza Bianca) from House of Nash Eats
Other Pizza Recipes on Jen Around the World
- 1/2 pound of homemade pizza dough or store bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of butternut squash sauce
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped sage leaves
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 4 pieces of proscuitto, torn into smaller pieces
- Parmesan Cheese, shaved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the pizza dough out until it is pretty thin (about a 10-12 inch circle).
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the dough with the butternut squash sauce and layer on the apple slices.
- Spread the ricotta cheese over the apples and divide evenly among the pizza.
- Sprinkle on the chopped sage.
- Next, add the prosciutto. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden, the cheese has melted, and the prosciutto has crisped.
- Remove from the oven and top with shaved Parmesan, and a drizzling of honey.
- Season with salt and pepper. Slice and eat!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 862mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g