These heart-shaped pizzas are super cute and perfect for Valentine’s parties, treats for the kids, or just a special night in with your sweeties.
We love making homemade pizzas at our house. If you search my blog for the word “pizza”, you will find all kinds. The newest one — these yummy Heart-Shaped Pizzas that are perfect for Valentine’s.
This could really be a great activity for the kids. You can let them cut their own pizza with this heart-shaped cookie cutter and then let them put their very own pizzas together.
How to Make Heart-Shaped Pizzas
First, you will need your own homemade pizza dough recipe. Mine is very simple and easy to use.
Once you roll it out, then use about a 3 or 4-inch heart cookie cutter and cut out your heart-shaped pizzas.
Bake them for just about 5 minutes on 400 degrees.
Once you do that, pull them out and let them rest and cool and then you can transport them anywhere!
Top them with your favorite pizza toppings such as homemade pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and all your favorite veggies. It will definitely turn out to be a favorite and fun meal to remember!
If you need some inspiration for kinds of pizzas you can make, here are a few ideas from my site
- Quick and Easy English Muffin Pizzas
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas
- Pizza Pinwheels
- 3 Meat Pizza
- Chicken Margherita Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
You can also use this recipe to make shamrocks for Saint Patrick’s Day, bunnies for Easter, and more! The possibilities are endless.
For the Pizza Dough
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- 3 or 4-inch heart cookie cutter
For the Pizza Sauce
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
For the Pizza Dough
- Combine the flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball.
- If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it rise about 10 minutes. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces.
- Once you roll it out, then use about a 3 or 4-inch heart cookie cutter and cut out your heart-shaped pizza doughs. Bake them for just about 5 minutes on 400 degrees.
Assemble the Pizzas
- Once you do that, pull them out and let them rest and cool and then you can transport them anywhere!
- Make the pizza sauce and then when you are ready, top your heart-shaped pizzas with the sauce, your favorite pizza toppings such as cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and all your favorite veggies.
- To finish them off, bake in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crusts are browned a bit.
- It will definitely turn out to be a favorite and fun meal to remember!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g