This birthday cake for a girl dog was inspired by a recent sweet puppy girl turning 1! I was so proud to be able to make this cake for the adorable Annie.
The cool thing about these cakes is that they are covered in our homemade dog treats that are vet approved and of course, the cakes are too!
So let me show you how to put together the cutest birthday cake for a girl dog.
How to Make a Girl Dog Birthday Cake
For Milo's cake we made a blueberry topping, but for this special girl dog cake, we created a strawberry topping. Since she is a super girly dog, we opted for pink!
The cakes are made as a 6″ inch cake. This makes for a simple small cake base that you can share with your puppy friends if they are having a party. Or, you can keep the cake all for the pup itself.
We took the extra batter and used our silicone paw print mold to make these adorable pup muffins to put on the side.
This cake really turned out great and I am so glad we had the opportunity to bless sweet Annie with it. We heard from her owners and she really loved the taste of it!
Here are a few more puppy treats to check out
- Peanut Butter and Yogurt Frozen Pup Treats
- Blueberry Watermelon Pupsicles
- Banana Pumpkin Dog Treats
- Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
For the cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter that does not contain Xylitol as it's dangerous to dogs. Check ingredients!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
For the icing
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3-4 Whole Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, peanut butter, applesauce and pumpkin puree. Once combined, mix in egg and mix until combined.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into a 6" round pan. Pour extra batter into the puppy paw silicone mold.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly.
- The puppy muffins will only cook about 12-15 minutes if you choose to make them.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack prior to removing from pan.
- After cooling, add frosting if desired.
- To make the icing -- roughly chop 3-4 whole strawberries. Using an immersion blender or food processor pulse the strawberries until they are liquified. This is important because this is what will give you that natural pink color for your frosting.
- Place the strawberries in a pan on the stove and cook down until reduced by 1/2. This will keep your icing from being too liquidy. Once reduced, let it cool.
- Mix the Greek Yogurt and Strawberries in a bowl until combined and use it to frost a cooled cake.
- Top with a fresh strawbery and let your puppy enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g