These healthy homemade banana pumpkin dog treats are the perfect snack for your little pooch!
Ever since we got our sweet little Milo boy, I have been making all kinds of delicious and yummy treats for him. These healthy homemade banana pumpkin dog treats are soft and chewy and he absolutely loves them.
I made a huge batch of these to take with us when he went on his first beach trip, and they were such a huge success.
This recipe has 4 ingredients and is simple and easy to make.
How to Make Healthy Homemade Banana Pumpkin Dog Treats
We have been known to do big celebrations for our animals. If you know anything about us at all, we love to make homemade treats and things for dogs and cats, including a birthday cake for cats (yes — you read that right). This treat is no different.
This recipe is super easy and before you know it, you will have delicious dog treats to share with your fur baby.
For the cutter, you can use any type you want. I wanted mine to look more like bones, so I purchased this bone cookie cutter pack. It has 3 different sizes so you can make the perfect sized bone for your precious pooch.
Anyone can make these. Simply mix all your ingredients together. You can use a mixer, or you can do it by hand — either way will work.
Once you get everything mixed together, knead your dough for a couple of minutes on a floured surface.
Then, take the dough and roll out until the dough is about 1/8″ thick. This will make for crispy bones. If you want a more tender bone, simply roll to 1/4″ thick, which is what we wound up doing.
Then simply bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the bones are done to your liking.
Remove from the tray and allow them to cool before giving them to your sweet pooch.
Milo LOVED these and I will definitely be making some more for sure.
If you are looking for more homemade dog treats recipes vet approved check out the list below.
Looking for other pet inspired recipes or crafts? Check these out
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour (plus a little extra for dusting your board)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 banana, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, banana, and pumpkin. Add the flour and continue mixing until all is combined.
- Lightly dust the counter and then roll out the dough to 1/4" to 1/8" thick. You might have to flour your rolling pin as well.
- Cut out treats and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the treats come out to your desired doneness -- whether crunchy or soft.
- Remove from the tray and let it cool. Then feed to your pooch for a fun treat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g