Brie and Cranberry Tarts – simple and delicious to make. Puff pastry topped with apricot preserves, sliced brie, and sugared cranberries. You can use this as an appetizer or as a dessert.
I love making different cranberry recipes during the Thanksgiving holiday. Recently I made these Cranberry Orange Scones, this amazing Christmas Morning Punch, and now these tasty brie and cranberry bites.
I love how simple this recipe is, but for the most part, I love how full of flavor each bite is.
How to Make Brie Cranberry Tarts
As I stated above, this recipe is one of the easiest you will make.
Start by thawing your puff pastry sheets. Once they are thawed, cut into 4 rectangles. You can make smaller ones by cutting it into 6 but I like making them a little bigger.
Top each one with about a teaspoon and a half of your favorite preserves. For this one I used apricot, but you can even use my homemade fig jam as well.
Then slice your brie and put a couple of slices on top, and then smush the sugared cranberries into the brie so that they stay put.
Now, fold the edges around the brie and cranberries so that everything stays in while cooking. Brush with egg whites and sprinkle on coarse sugar on top.
While it is baking, it will puff up and will look like everything is going to slide off. Don't touch it! When it gets done baking and as it sets to cool, it will settle. If some of the cranberries fall off, simply put them back on.
And that's it. That is how simple this recipe is. In 20 minutes this beautiful appetizer/dessert will be done.
If cranberry is your jam, check out these other recipes
- Cranberry Orange Scones
- Easy Cranberry Lime Spritzer
- Best Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry BBQ Weenies
- Brie and Cranberry Tarts from Jen Around the World
- Coconut Cranberry Bars from Blogghetti
- Cranberry Apple Crisp from Art of Natural Living
- Cranberry Bliss Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Cranberry Christmas Cake from Devour Dinner
- Cranberry Christmas Kiss Cocktail from Our Good Life
- Easy Cranberry Crackle Tart from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Custard Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Best Cranberry Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Cranberry Walnut Bars from Pandemonium Noshery
- Cranberry-Walnut Oat Bread from The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Cranberry Scones from Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sourdough Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls from That Recipe
- Vegan Almond, Coconut, and Cranberry Chutney from Magical Ingredients
- Winter Sangria from Fresh April Flours
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounce wheel of Brie with rind on cut into slices
- 8 teaspoons of apricot preserves (or your favorite preserves)
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 rectangles for bigger pastries, and 6 rectangles for smaller pastries
- Spread each rectangle with about 1 teaspoon apricot preserves, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Top with 2 slices of brie and then mound the cranberries over the brie, pressing them into the brie to stick.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over to keep everything inside the pastry.
- Brush the edges of pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the brie is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g