This delicious cranberry jalapeño dip is so crazy delicious. You can eat it on a cracker, with veggies, pretzels, chips and more. It takes no time to make and is perfect for holiday get-togethers.
Cranberries are always in abundance at our house during the holiday season. They have a beautiful deep red color, taste delicious in both savory and sweet dishes, and can be used in so many different recipes.
I have created dishes like my homemade cranberry sauce, Cranberry BBQ Weenies, Sparkling Cranberry Cinnamon Punch, and a delicious cranberry mayonnaise!
This recipe is all kinds of delicious with tart cranberries, sweetened with sugar. Then, once you mix that with the spice of the jalapeno and cilantro, you create this amazing topping for dip that is out of this world.
Most people who make this, use a pie plate like this one. They put all of the cream cheese in the bottom and then top with all of the cranberry mix.
However, we wanted it to look more festive, so we did it in smaller batches and it really turned out perfect. Here's how we did it.
How to Make Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
Start by taking a 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries and pulsing them in a food processor. I use this mini Ninja Food Processor that I picked up on Black Friday a few years ago. It is one of my absolute favorite kitchen tools that I consider a must have.
Just a few pulses and those cranberries will be the perfect size.
Then, drop them into a bowl with some diced jalapeno and chopped cilantro. Mix it together with some sugar and that is it!
Put in the fridge for a couple of hours and let the flavors marry together. Then, whip up some softened cream cheese and smooth out onto a dish. Top the dish with the cranberry mix and serve to your friends and family.
Here's a tip — a lot of people drain the liquid out, but we found that it added some extra flavor to the cream cheese.
Check out these other delicious dip recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Whipped Ricotta Dip
- Robin's Egg Dip
- Restaurant Style Mexican Cheese Dip
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Pina Colada Fruit Dip
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
This easy dip recipe will wow your guests with both flavor and beauty!
- 1 12 oz bag whole fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- Chop cranberries in a food processor or blender, making sure not to chop too much that they liquify.
- Place chopped cranberries in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, jalapenos, green onion, cilantro, and lemon juice.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To assemble, whip softened cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Then spread the cream cheese on a serving dish. Top with the cranberry mixture. You can leave a little juice in it if you prefer.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, pretzels, chips, and more.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g