Cheddar Apple Chicken Soup — the perfect fall soup that features apple chicken sausages, apples, apple cider, sharp cheddar cheese, and delicious fall spices.
I love when my daughter gets in the kitchen cooking. She comes up with so many amazing recipes. This soup recipe came about when we were trying to do something new with chicken apple sausages. She created a soup that everyone is going to love.
The flavor combos are perfect for fall, but you can truly eat this soup any time of the year.
How to Make Cheddar Apple Chicken Soup
Start by dicing your onion and throwing it in a dutch oven with some oil. Slice the sausages and add to the same pot. Saute together until the onions are soft and the sausages have a little color on them.
Next, add in the wine to deglaze the pan. Let it cook for 3 minutes to cook out the alcohol.
Now, dice the apples and add them along with the chicken broth and apple cider to the pot.
Cook for 20 minutes. Your apples should start softening at this point. Remove the sausage and set it aside.
Take the apple chunks out and blend them in a blender. Add back to the soup.
Take one cup of water and add 2 tablespoons of corn starch to the water. Mix together and add to the soup. Also, add in the shredded cheese.
Cook for 15 more minutes until the soup is heated through and has thickened some.
Check out these other delicious soup recipes
- Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Autumn Harvest Soup
- Easy Beer Cheese Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 4 chicken apple sausages
- 4 apples, diced
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- To a dutch oven, add olive oil, diced onion, and garlic. Saute.
- Slice sausages and add to the pan as well. Continue sauteing until the onions are soft and the sausages have some color on them.
- Remove the onions, garlic, and sausages and set them aside.
- Add in white wine and cook for 5 minutes to deglaze the pan and cook the alcohol out.
- Dice the apples and throw them in with the wine. Add in the chicken broth and apple cider also. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the apples and place them in the blender with 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Puree and then place back into the soup pot.
- Add sausage, onions, and garlic back to the soup pot and add in the remaining spices. Mix together.
- Mix together the water and corn starch and throw them into the soup pot along with the cheddar cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and soup is warmed through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 629mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 21g