These Cookies & Cream Spider Cupcakes are so delicious. It's a decadent chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate Oreo frosting and then a delicious Oreo cookie on top! The kiddos both big and small will love these!
These turned out so cute and they were a big hit at my event! The cupcakes are so easy to make but the chocolate Oreo frosting is my favorite.
You can use a boxed cake mix if you want, but it was super simple to make a delicious homemade chocolate cupcake.
The frosting has tons of crushed Oreos in it along with cocoa powder, butter, and powdered sugar. I used my regular buttercream frosting recipe and just bumped up the flavor a bit.
I piped it using my big 1″ round Wilton tip and then pushed an Oreo cookie on top. To give it a true spider effect, I glued on Googly eyes and added spider legs with melted chocolate chips. It will harden quickly in the fridge once decorated.
I found these cute cupcake liners on Amazon.
Here are some other delicious spooky recipes you'll love for Halloween!
- Poison Apple Mocktail #HalloweenTreatsWeek
- Black Velvet Cupcakes #HalloweenTreatsWeek
- Creepy Cauldron Cupcakes
Welcome to 2022’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . This event is an online, week-long event that is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats and recipes from some fantastic Halloween loving bloggers!
For this years 5th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 20 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! You can following the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media to collect all of these frightful recipes to use at your own Halloween parties and events!
Make Sure to check out all of the fun Halloween recipes that we're sharing this week!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Web Cheesecakes from Big Bear's Wife
- Vampire Bite Brownies from Semihomemade Recipes
- Rice Krispies Brains from Fresh April Flours
- Petri Dish Jello Shots from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Sally Stitches Sugar Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Spider Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
For the cupcake
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter or margarine softened
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of ground Oreo cookies
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate chips
- Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- To make the cupcakes, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until combined.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk.
- Stir until combined; do not overmix. The batter will be thin.
Pour or spoon the batter into the liners.
- For this recipe, you will only need to fill the cupcake liners halfway.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes sit until they are cool to the touch.
- To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients into the bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with the 1 Wilton tip and pipe a big round of frosting on the cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with an Oreo cookie. Press down.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 seconds. You might have to do this a couple of times. Once the chips are melted, place them in a small ziplock bag and snip a tiny tip off the end.
- Pipe two dots on the cookie and place your candy eyes.
- Now, pipe 4 legs on each side of the spider. Place cupcakes in the fridge to firm up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 4g