This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This Poison Apple Mocktail drink is tasty and thanks to the skull and crossbones ice cubes we made, it really gave it that special poison look.
Halloween is a great time to make a lot of non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy! I love making the kinds of drinks that both adults and kids both can have. In the past, I have made a delicious Hocus Pocus Potion that is great to drink while you watch Hocus Pocus.
Then, there is my yummy candy corn punch that is almost like the wedding punch you drink at showers and parties. But my new favorite is my Poison Apple Mocktail.
How to Make a Poison Apple Mocktail
To make this delicious non-alcoholic drink, you will need just a few simple ingredients —
- Dixie Crystals Sugar + food coloring
- Skull and Crossbones silicone tray
- Apple Cider
- fresh sparkling grape juice
- Apple Slices
For the ice cubes, all you need to do is get a skull and crossbones ice cube tray, fill it with water, and then add a drop or two of green food coloring.
We colored the water before putting it in the ice cube tray, but then added an additional drop of food coloring to each compartment.
After the ice cubes are done freezing, they should pop right out without any issues.
The rim of the cup we decorated with colored sprinkles and Dixie Crystals sugar. Rub a little bit of corn syrup around the edge so that the sprinkles and sugar stick.
Then, just dip the glass in a shallow bowl of sugar and sprinkles. The corn syrup will help everything set up.
The drink portion is simple —
In your glass, add 1/2 cup of Apple Cider, 1/4 cup of fresh sparkling grape juice, and top it off with some Sprite.
We added apple slices to the glass as well.
Check out these other amazing Halloween Recipes
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Haunted Mansion Bloody Wedding Cake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Frankenstein Cupcakes from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Poison Apple Mocktail from Jen Around the World
- Graveyard Dirt Cream Puffs from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes from Fresh April Flours
- Halloween Cupcakes from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Ghost Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Macarons from The Redhead Baker
- Monster Burgers from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Poisoned Apple Hand Pies from Cookaholic Wife
- Halloween Nachos from Eat Move Make
- Homemade Butterbeer from House of Nash Eats
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Caramel Apple Sandwich Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
- Halloween Cake Pops from Sweet Beginnings
- Deviled Egg Eyeballs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Poisoned Apple Macarons from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pizza Skulls from Lemon Blossoms
- Bloody Dirty Shirley Float from An Affair from the Heart
- Reese's Pieces Cookies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Oogie Boogie Dark Chocolate Brownies from Savory Moments
- Halloween Ghost Kabobs from Our Good Life
Enter to Win
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
- 1/2 cup of apple cider
- 1/4 cup of sparkling grape juice
- Sprite for topping off
- Colored sugar crystals
- Corn Syrup
- Apple Slices
- 1/4 teaspoon of Dixie Crystals sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Using a skull and crossbones ice cube tray, make ice cubes by mixing up water and green food coloring together. Pour into the ice cube tray. Add a drop or two more of green food coloring to each compartment and then freeze.
- Once the ice cubes are ready, take a scant bit of corn syrup and rub it on the rim of your glass.
- In a shallow bowl, combine colored sugar crystals and a 1/4 teaspoon of Dixie Crystals Sugar. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar. The crystals should stick perfectly.
- To the glass, add a few apple slices and your ice cubes. Top off with apple cider, pomegranate juice, and Sprite.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 0g