This creamy mushroom pasta is a quick and easy dinner dish that is also vegetarian! The hearty mushrooms are a great substitute for meat and the creamy sauce brings everything together in this hearty pasta dish.
My daughter and I love making recipes that use good, wholesome ingredients. She created this recipe so that we could share it with you guys. What is not to love about mushrooms, pasta, and a cream sauce that is out of this world?
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta
To make this recipe, first off you are going to need mushrooms. For our recipe, we used Lion's Mane Mushrooms and pan-fried it as we did in my original recipe.
You can use any mushroom you want, but these mushrooms are perfect for this recipe because they are hearty and hold up well in sauces and pasta dishes.
Other items in this recipe are wine, pasta, heavy cream, lemon, Parmesan, shallot, and my favorite — garlic!
The majority of these items came from one of our local businesses — Harvest Crate. They are working their butts off bringing all the delicious farms foods to our table without us having to visit each farm. It's a way that I get to buy from all of my favorite farms without ever having to leave my house! They make it easy for me to eat good, wholesome foods.
Cook your pasta according to directions. Remove from the water and set it aside.
Start by chopping up your mushrooms. In a skillet, add some olive oil and once it is heated, add the mushrooms. Cook them until they are nice and golden brown.
Remove from the pan and set them aside.
Dice up the shallot and add a little olive oil back to the pan. Add the shallot and cook for a couple of minutes. Now, mince up the garlic and add it to the pan with the shallots.
Add one cup of wine into the skillet and allow it to deglaze the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Now, add in one cup of heavy cream. Allow it to cook for a minute or so. Add in the zest of one lemon and the juice also. Mix together.
Add the pasta and stir until well combined. Then, top with one cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix together again and add in the mushrooms.
Love pasta? Check out these other delicious recipes
- 1 package of Lion's Mane Mushrooms or your favorite kind of mushroom
- 16 ounce box of Penne Pasta
- 1 cup of dry white wine (we use Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set it aside.
- Chop mushrooms and set them aside. Dice shallot and garlic and set those aside as well. Zest the lemon and put it in a small bowl. Juice the lemon into a small bowl. Set both aside.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and heat over medium. Once heated, add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and set them aside.
- Add a tablespoon more olive oil and the shallots and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Throw the garlic in and continue cooking for a minute or two longer.
- Pour in the cup of wine and allow the wine to cook the alcohol off. Use a wooden spoon and scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Now, add in the heavy cream, lemon juice, zest of lemon, and seasonings. Mix together well.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir. Throw the Parmesan cheese in and the mushrooms and mix well.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g