These Easy Grilled Chicken Sliders need to be on your menu! Since National Sandwich Day is coming up soon, making these for dinner or lunch would be a great way to celebrate this iconic day.
If you are like me and love a really easy sandwich, then you will fall head over heels for this chicken slider recipe. It's budget-friendly and will make a ton.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Sliders
To make these sliders, here are the ingredients you will need —
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can also use boneless chicken thighs as well)
- Sweet Hawaiian Rolls for your slider buns (King's Hawaiian roll brand is my favorite)
- Condiments and garnish — tomatoes, mayo, cheese, pickles, mustard, lettuce, barbecue sauce, and ketchup
When I say that this is the easiest recipe you will ever make.
I bought a huge pack of chicken breasts from the store. Each breast was so big that I was able to slice it in half lengthwise and then each half was able to be cut into 2 to 3 pieces. Once chicken breast made 6 slider sandwiches, so when I say that it is a budget-friendly meal, it is!
I pound out the chicken with a rolling pin and a piece of plastic wrap to make thinner chicken breast pieces and then I cut it up for the perfect size. I want to make sure the top of the bun is perfectly portioned for the chicken.
Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper and then cook them on the first side in a saute pan or grill pan over medium-high to medium-low heat with a little butter and olive oil. For extra flavor, marinate the chicken in a small bowl with some pickle juice.
While the chicken is cooking, slice the Hawaiian rolls and get all your garnish and condiments prepared.
The chicken will take about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Insert a meat thermometer on the top of the thicker pieces. Chicken should be cooked to 160 degrees.
Assembling the Sandwiches
Once the chicken is golden brown, remove it from the pan and place a chicken breast piece on each roll. Place a slice of cheese on top of the chicken breast piece.
Add the toppings of your choice to the top of each chicken breast. I like simple so I just use mayo and tomato on mine. Turn these into BBQ chicken sliders by adding your favorite BBQ sauce.
The Roma tomatoes are the perfect size for slider rolls. I serve mine with homemade french fries, but you could make it as simple as chips and chopped veggies.
For other toppings, try adding small bacon pieces, red onion, hot sauce, buffalo sauce, avocadoes, and lime juice — honestly, the possibilities are endless.
You could even add some ranch and turn these into Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders.
Add some melted butter and seasoning to the top bun and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes for extra big flavor.
These would be the perfect sandwiches to serve on game day. For more slider recipes and different options, check out my Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sliders or Everything Bagel Ham and Cheese Sliders.
Sandwiches are the Star
- Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches from That Recipe
- British Cheese and Onion Sandwich from Pandemonium Noshery
- Easy Tea Sandwich from Magical Ingredients
- Grilled Chicken Sliders from Jen Around the World
- Ham and Turkey Club Sandwich Pinwheels from Blogghetti
- Muffuletta Sandwich with Homemade Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Salmon Melt from Art of Natural Living
- St. Louis Hot Salami Sandwich from Palatable Pastime
Store the leftover chicken in an airtight container and then reheat when you are ready enjoy a sandwich.
For more delicious sandwich recipes, check these out
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Hearty Brunch Bagel Sandwich
- Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches made with Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breaasts
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- olive oil
- condiments and sandwich toppings
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Cut each piece small enough to fit on a slider bun.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a saute pan, add one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute the chicken 5 to 7 minutes per side until they are golden brown and register 165 on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the stove and place each piece of chicken on a slider bun.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g