This strawberry pretzel salad is the perfect dessert for the summertime!
I have had numerous people ask me, “What in the world do you put in a strawberry Pretzel Salad”? Well, today I am going to give you my recipe for it.
I love this stuff and could eat it all the time. For a healthier dessert, change some of the ingredients to light, low-fat, or sugar-free.
Published originally in January 2010.
How to Make a Strawberry Pretzel Salad
One of my favorite components of a strawberry pretzel salad is the crust. The crust has crushed pretzels, butter, and sugar. It is absolutely to die for. I can eat it all by itself.
Bake the crust and then cool. Top with a yummy mixture of cream cheese, whipped topping, and of course, more sugar.
Once you put this on top, it goes in the fridge to chill while you make the last layer — the strawberry jello layer. I like to make sure my jello has sat up some before adding to the top.
This keeps the jello from seeping down into the cream cheese layer.
Use frozen strawberries to help the jello gel quickly.
Then, just put it back in the fridge for about 3-4 hours to completely set up.
If strawberry is not your thing, you can totally make this with any other fruit and jello mixture you want.
Here is my recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Looking for more strawberry desserts? Check these out!
- Copycat Sonic Strawberry Limeade
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars #SummerDessertWeek
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Easy Strawberry ButterCream Cake
- Mini Strawberry Scones with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 pkg of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounce tub of whipped topping
- 2 small boxes strawberry jello
- frozen Strawberries for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13x9 pan combine melted butter, pretzel and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Mix together and flatten out as a crust in bottom of pan. Cook in oven for about 10 minutes.
- While this layer is cooling, combine cream cheese softened, 1/2 cup sugar, and whipped topping in a bowl until well mixed. Spread over cooled crust.
- While this is chilling in the refrigerator, mix together jello and frozen strawberries according to package directions. Put in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes until it begins to jell slightly. Spread over cream cheese mixture and leave in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until firm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g