Do you remember the recipe I shared recently where I discovered how delicious homemade teriyaki sauce is? Well, here is the Grilled Teriyaki Chicken that I made when I created a batch of that delicious sauce!
How to Make This Delicious Chicken Chicken
To start, let's gather all of our ingredients. You are going to need a batch of my homemade teriyaki sauce. If you don't have time to make it, I won't fault you if you go to the grocery store and buy store bought. But trust me when I say that homemade tastes way better.
Once you have cut away all the fat, take your chicken and place in a shallow dish. Place half of your sauce over the chicken and allow it to marinate at least one hour (or up to overnight), whichever is easiest for you.
Once the chicken is done marinating, heat your grill and place the chicken on the grill. Discard the remaining sauce that is in this baking dish. Since it touched raw chicken, you will not want to use this sauce for anything else.
During the grilling process, pour some of your sauce from your jar into a bowl and baste onto your chicken. Cook the chicken on one side for 6-7 minutes. Baste and turn over. Do the same thing for the other side.
Keep basting as you turn and in the end, you will have this beautifully charred chicken that has the most amazing flavor ever.
- Lemon Chicken Piccata
- One Pan Gluten Free Chicken Broccoli Pasta
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Chicken Chili
- 8 boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 cup of homemade teriyaki sauce or storebought sauce
- 3 green onions chopped
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Place chicken breasts into a shallow baking dish along 1/2 cup of the sauce. Keep some sauce aside to serve with the chicken. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and throw away the remaining marinade in the pan.
- Heat the grill to 350 degrees. Grill chicken for about 7-8 minutes per side until chicken is done and no longer pink and registers 155-160 on a meat thermometer.
- Baste chicken with teriyaki sauce during the cooking process.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1570mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 44g