One day I was watching Paula Deen on Food Network and she made these delicious-looking Puff Pastry Burgers. I thought to myself, hey I can do that!
This recipe is SO much fun because you can add anything inside the puff pastry to create the best burger ever!
I have added in the past, cole-slaw, avocado, bacon, tomato, french fries, etc. The possibilities are endless!
How to Make Puff Pastry Burgers
It's really very easy. Just make your hamburger patties and cook them. Once they are done and cooled, top them with your favorite condiments and wrap in puff pastry and then bake!
The puff pastry makes the perfect bun. It is nice and flaky, and super light in taste. Sometimes the heaviness of a bun is not my favorite, but these little nuggets are delicious!
Check Out these Other Burger Inspired Recipes
If you love burgers as much as I do, check out these other delicious burger recipes.
Be sure to check out the Best Burger Joints in Kentucky on this list.
- 1 pound of hamburger meat
- lemon and pepper seasoning
- garlic salt
- bacon, cooked for burgers
- cheese slices
- tomatoe slices
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Pat out your hamburgers to your desired size.
- Season with lemon and pepper and garlic salt. Cook your burgers your preferred way--grilled, baked, or fried.
- While the burgers are cooking, lay out your puff pastry sheets so that they can thaw.
- Cook your bacon and slice your tomatoes.
- After the burgers get through cooking, top them with the cheese slices, and set them aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open your pastry sheets and slice them into 4 squares. Take a square and roll it out so it will spread a little.
- Take your burger and place it in the middle of the puff pastry. Top it with the cooked bacon and tomatoes.
- Fold the ends together to completely cover the burger and then press the seams together. You should have a closed pocket of meat inside that puff pastry. Continue until all the burgers have been covered. Lay them seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Take the egg white and beat with the water. Brush the tops of the puff pastry burgers with the egg wash and then place them in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve them with a side of ketchup and mustard!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 23g