Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes is a delicious one-pot meal your family will love.
Anytime I can throw together a dinner that takes no time to prep and cook, I get excited, and this is one of those slow cooker meals. Let me share with you how easy it is to prepare.
How to Make This Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
For this recipe, all you need are 5 simple ingredients —
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Diced boneless chicken breasts
- Cubed potatoes of your choice (red potatoes, Yukon Gold, or Russet Potatoes)
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning and olive oil for drizzling
Start by cubing the potatoes. I like to leave mine in bigger chunks, however, if you dice them, they will be too small and disintegrate. Take one small potato and cube into 4 pieces. Large potatoes, cut them into 6 to 8 equal pieces, and place them in the bottom of the crock pot.
Now, cube up the chicken breasts and place them on top of the potatoes. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and then season with salt and black pepper.
Pour the entire bottle on top of the chicken and use a slotted spoon to mix the Garlic Parmesan sauce into the chicken and potatoes.
Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Pierce the potatoes with a fork to see if they are fork-tender. If they are not, let it cook for 30 more minutes. This easy recipe has amazing flavor. Serve with a salad, steamed green beans, and fresh bread for the perfect balanced meal.
Plate your chicken and potatoes and top with fresh shaved Parmesan Cheese. For a little spicy kick, add some red pepper flakes to the top. Even the picky eater in the family will love this meal.
As I said above, this is an easy dinner recipe that you can make any time and your entire family will love it. It's the perfect meal when you have had a busy day and just need something quick and simple.
Store any leftover slow cooker garlic chicken in an airtight container and place it in the fridge.
Can I Cook This Recipe on the Stove?
If you don't want to make this a crockpot meal, you can make this on the stove. There are many different ways to do it, but here's how to do it.
Start by taking raw chicken and cubing it up. You can use skinless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs. I love using flavorful chicken thighs for recipes like these because they are more tender and juicer in my opinion.
Season it with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
In a large skillet (a good nonstick frying pan) over medium-high heat, drizzle in some olive oil and place the chicken in the skillet. Cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through about 15 minutes. The cook time will vary depending on how big or small your cubed chicken is.
While the chicken is cooking, take the baby potatoes and boil them in a pot with cold water for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Cube them up and throw them in the pan with the chicken once it is done cooking.
Now, add in the Garlic Parmesan sauce and toss potatoes and chicken with the sauce making sure everything is coated well. You can even throw some fresh herbs for extra flavor, however, if you use fresh herbs, make sure to do it at the end so that they don't wilt and lose their flavor. Serve with a fresh green salad and a slice of sourdough bread for the perfect balanced dinner.
Want another easy slow cooker recipe? Check these out
Slow Cooking Recipes
- Asian Style Beef Short Ribs from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Buffalo Chicken Dip from That Recipe
- Cajun 15 Bean Soup (Crockpot) from Art of Natural Living
- Chicken Pho (Slow Cooker) from Palatable Pastime
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes from Jen Around the World
- Healthy Crockpot Balsamic Italian Lentil Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pork Spring Rolls with Spicy Plum Dipping Sauce from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Root Beer Puled Pork Sandwiches from The Spiffy Cookie
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork from Hezzi-D's Recipe Box
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Slow Cooker Dal Makhni from Magical Ingredients
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 6 medium potatoes of your choice
- bottle of Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Cube up the chicken and Potatoes. 1" to 2" pieces are best
- Throw the potatoes in the slow cooker first and then top the potatoes with the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the bottle of Garlic Parmesan sauce. Mix the chicken and potatoes with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, serve, and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g