This Simple Kale Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is the perfect light summer salad. I love to top mine with fresh radish microgreens for a little heat.
I love when it gets Spring and Summer in our area. Having fresh veggies right out of the garden is my favorite thing. This simple kale salad is all things Summer and tastes so refreshing thanks to the Honey Lime Dressing on top.
How to Make a Simple Kale Salad
For this salad, you can use any kale you want, but I have discovered dinosaur kale that I get in my weekly Harvest Crate order. I like it because it is more tender than curly kale.
To make this salad even more tender, I massage the leaves a little with olive oil before adding all the other components to the salad.
Because this salad is so versatile, you can pretty much add anything you want into it. We scrounged through the refrigerator and found some feta cheese and pecans. Then, we added fresh radish microgreens for the most amazing salad flavor I have ever tasted.
The Honey Lime Dressing
The thing that I really love about the dressing for this salad is how simple it is to make. The dressing is basically honey and lime with just a hint of olive oil.
Then, season the salad with a little salt and pepper and you have a complete meal. You can use this as a side dish, or if you eat a vegetarian diet, this would be a great lunch or dinner.
Check out these other delicious salad ideas
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing #SpringSweetsWeek
- TikTok Green Goddess Salad
- Rafferty’s House Salad
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken Berry Salad
- 6 cups of kale
- 1/4 cup of microgreens
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- Chop the kale and drizzle on the olive oil. Massage into the leaves.
- Mix together the lime and honey and pour over the kale.
- Add the other ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper and then serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 11gSugar: 16gProtein: 13g