This recipe was originally published on January 25, 2016 and have since been updated with new pics.
I have seen this recipe running around the internet for a while and have wanted to make it, so I broke down the other night and got the stuff and whipped it up for my family.
They all said that it was hands down, the best dish I have ever made — like ever.
How to make Bang-Bang Chicken
The bang bang sauce is a simple recipe with just about 4 ingredients but really makes the chicken sing.
This dish can be made in 30 minutes. The thing that takes the longest is getting your mixes together (dry and liquid) to dip your chicken pieces in.
Once you dip the chicken, put it in the oil and fry up the pieces until they are golden brown on both sides.
I want it to be golden brown, not a super dark brown with burned Panko crumbs.
Making my favorite restaurant dishes at home is like a passion of mine. The Cheesecake Factory is one of those places that I find myself making dupe dishes all the time.
For example, this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake is one of my most popular recipes.
For the Chicken
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups Panko
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and Hot Sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then into the Panko. Make sure to coat it good.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g