If you are looking for the best-tasting carrot cake cupcakes, you’re in the right place. These cupcakes are super moist and each bite is tender and fluffy. Top them with crushed ginger oat graham cookies and my homemade cream cheese frosting.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Nothing can compare you to the first bite of these amazing cupcakes. I mean, my homemade carrot cake is one of the best I have ever had, but these Carrot Cake Cupcakes come in as a close second.
How to Make Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes
These cupcakes are super easy to make. Put everything in one bowl and mix by hand. The carrots in this recipe are from my Melissa's Produce box. They are organic and are much sweeter than the carrots I get at the store.
I also topped these cupcakes with a sprinkling of crushed Nairn's Ginger Oat Graham cookies, which really enhanced the ginger flavor in them.
Allow the baked cupcakes to cool inside the pan for 20-30 minutes. This makes it much easier to lift them out as they won’t be as delicate when cooled. Let them cool completely on a wire rack before adding frosting to the top.
Frost the cupcakes when they have cooled off.
How to Decorate the Cupcakes
You can choose to pipe the frosting on top using a piping bag and a large tip, or you can just put it on using a butter knife or a spatula.
Store the cupcakes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. The cream cheese frosting is a little soft and not as stiff as buttercream, so you want to keep it cold. Before serving, let the cupcakes come to room temperature. They will keep for about 5-6 days this way.
Check out these other cupcake recipes
Enter the Giveawaya Rafflecopter giveaway
Prize #1:A $100 gift card to Melissa’s Produce and a 3 month produce subscription.
One winner will receive a $100 gift card to buy the freshest produce around! Melissa’s has everything from common apples and oranges to exotic passion fruit and rambutans. The winner will also receive a stunning selection of the most delicious produce around once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s Produce, the produce is selected at their peak perfection and packed by hand to ensure a safe arrival. A $224 value.
Prize #2:A candy making kit from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the candy making novice or even the most advanced candy maker! Dixie Crystals is providing one winner with everything they need to make candy. The winner will receive a waterproof candy thermometer, silicone candy molds, and stainless steel double boiler. A $50 value.
Prize #3:A 5 piece Bakeware set from Anolon
Create dozens of bakeshop treats from gooey bar cookies to peanut butter and chocolate brownies to banana nut bread and more with all of the essentials in an expertly curated nonstick bakeware set. This bakeware is designed to stand up to the rigors of everyday baking with the convenience craved by creative bakers. This 5 piece baking set includes Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, a 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, a 14-Inch x 16-Inch Cookie Sheet, and a 11-Inch x 14-Inch Cooling Rack. A $65 value.
Prize #4:An assorted box of baking supplies from Sweets & Treats
Sweets & Treats will provide one winner with an assorted box of baking supplies including liners, sprinkles, toppers, and other fun baking supplies. Sweets & Treats has the best selection of cupcake liners, cupcake topper, paper straws, and molds.
Prize #5:A Selection of three extract pastes from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla.
Prize #6:A selection of three flavors of Gluten Free Grahams from Nairn’s.
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products.
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Ricotta Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cadbury Egg Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Coconut Lime Shortbread from Shockingly Delicious
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Easy Strawberry Fool from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Grape Sorbet from Family Around the Table
- Grapefruit Yogurt Loaf Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Key Lime Shortbread Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Key Lime Tassie from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Kumquat Oatmeal Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Coolers Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Funfetti Baked Donuts from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Mango Cream with Berries from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Meringue Nests with Fruit Curd from Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Carrot Halwa Ice Cream Sandwich from Magical Ingredients
- Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies from Blogghetti
- Strawberries and Cream Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Parfait from Cookaholic Wife
- Tangerine Ginger Tartlets from That Recipe
- Triple Berry Slab Pie from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Thank You Sponsors
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and products to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. We will check and verify each entry. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entries.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
These carrot cake cupcakes are so moist and absolutely delicious. Topped with a soft cream cheese frosting and ginger oat Grahams.
For the cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
For the cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup of salted butter at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 3-4 cups of powdered sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons of milk (use this to get the correct consistency for your piping or spreading needs)
- Crushed Nairn Ginger Oat Grahams (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Grate the carrots using the fine grate side of a box grater. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Then whisk in the Greek yogurt. Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Don’t over mix.
- Use a cupcake scoop and distribute the batter evenly between the liners. Fill them 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
- In your stand mixer bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Continue mixing until everything is combined and is smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Be sure to mix slowly. If you do not, you will throw powdered sugar everywhere. The frosting will become extremely thick at this point.
- Once your frosting starts to become stiff and thick, begin adding in your milk, one tablespoon at a time, alternating with powdered sugar and milk. Do this until you reach the consistency you are looking for. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Frost your cupcakes and then top with crushed oat Grahams if you have them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 683Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 112gFiber: 1gSugar: 98gProtein: 4g
[email protected] of Natural Living
Wednesday 30th of March 2022
Everyone loves carrot cake! And what a cute idea for decorating with the crushed grahams!
Wednesday 30th of March 2022
My favorite cake! These look very delicious and love the graham cracker topping idea!
Monday 28th of March 2022
Mmmmm love cupcakes, and they are decorated so cute with the swirl frosting!
Monday 28th of March 2022
Carrot cake is my favorite cake and in cupcake form I love it even better
Thursday 24th of March 2022
I really think that all of my problems could be solved with cream cheese icing! :) These sound really great!