This recipe for my Chicken Scampi will be your new favorite go-to pasta dish. In other words, the family will be excited when you make this dish for them!
Anytime I am in the mood for pasta these days, I lean more towards lemon and garlic flavors or Asian-inspired dishes like my Mongolian Ground Beef Noodles.
However, the moment I was introduced to Chicken Scampi, it quickly became my favorite dish. I love the taste of the olive oil, mixed with fresh garlic, butter and delicious herbs on top of a bed of creamy pasta. Yes — I will say that pasta is my love language y'all.
Chicken Scampi is one of those dishes that can be made in under 20 minutes and is the perfect weeknight meal when you are short on time but need to feed the family a great meal.
The cool thing about this recipe is that it is so versatile. Swap out the chicken for shrimp. Toss in some veggies like broccoli or snap peas for a perfectly rounded dinner.
You can use dried herbs or fresh herbs in this dinner recipe. In this recipe, I am using Dorot — which is frozen fresh herbs. You get pre-portioned garlic and herbs that are flash-frozen at their peak of freshness.
What this means for you and me is that we get fresh herbs — all year round.
I think one of the reasons that I love these so much is that there is no chopping involved. I can just pop out the fresh garlic or basil into whatever dish I am making and voila — fresh delicious flavor!
How to Make Chicken Scampi
Making my chicken scampi is simple and easy. You start off by melting butter in a sauce pan and adding in your herbs and spices. For this dish, I used Dorot Garlic, Basil, and Parsley. Add in some salt and lemon juice and you will have the ultimate perfect sauce.
In the sauce, you add in some cubed chicken and let it cook. Make your favorite pasta noodle — such as spaghetti, linguine, fettucini or whatever you desire. Or — if you have the time, you can always try making homemade pasta. It is not as hard as you think it is.
Toss it in the scampi sauce for a perfect comfort food pasta dish that is ready in 20 minutes or less. And the best part is that the protein in this dish can be subbed out for anything. The possibilities are endless here.
If pasta is your jam too, be sure to check out my other pasta recipes below.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Pasta
- Ina Garten's Summer Pasta Salad
- Viral Tik Tok Feta Pasta Bake
- One Pan Cheeseburger Pasta
What is your favorite go to pasta dish that you can get ready in 15 minutes or less?
Chicken Scampi – Quick, Easy & Delicious
This pasta dish comes together in 20 minutes and is full of delicious flavor.
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP lemon juice, use the real stuff not the bottled mess
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" chunks
- 1 package of your favorite noodles
- In a 10" skillet, melt the butter and oil together.
- Once the butter has melted, add the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic,and salt. Stir together for about a minute.
- Add lemon juice and continue mixing.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until chicken is done, about 7-8 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare your noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pan where the chicken is cooking.
- Combine the two and mix together.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 20g