This chocolate peanut butter buckeye candy recipe is the ultimate Christmas candy! I make these every year to give to friends and they travel well.
Learn how easy it is to make these and you can start a new candy tradition today.
I love making candy for Christmas. One of my favorites is the chocolate peanut butter buckeye candy.
This post was originally published on December 3, 2012 and has been recently updated.
These little truffle-like candies are my favorites and they are super easy to make and take to a party somewhere.
These candies were one of the first I ever learned how to make. Then I ventured out and made some Chocolate Crinkle Cookies that were phenomenal!
If you are in need of a quick dish to take to get together, or even if you are making Christmas goodie boxes for friends, this candy is one you will want to make.
It's budget friendly, comes together in less than 30 minutes, and is always a favorite among people.
How to Make Peanut Butter Buckeye Candy
I make a lot of cookies and goodies during Christmas, so, I always try to host a cookie swap with my friends and family.
And, you can really make these festive by wrapping them in these foil candy wrappers.
I love using this Babycakes small chocolate melting pot to keep my chocolate warm while I get each peanut butter ball dipped. It makes it SO much easier instead of having to stop and remelt my chocolate in the microwave.
For more yummy Christmas Candy recipes like this one, I suggest you get a cookbook like this Easy Christmas Cookie Cookbook.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out
- Salted Brownie Cookie
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Joanna Gaines Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
What is your favorite holiday candy?
Peanut Butter Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Magical Ingredients
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Hezzi-D's Recipe Box
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Rugelach from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Noodles with Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Thai Chicken and Rice with Spicy Peanut Sauce from That Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Combine the melted butter or margarine, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and the vanilla together and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on waxed paper.
- In the top half of a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly. Use a toothpick to dip balls into the melted chocolate, leaving a small uncovered area so balls resemble buckeyes. Place balls on waxed paper. Use fingers to blend in toothpick holes. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g