These salted brownie cookies are so amazing! They are beautiful, shiny, crackled cookies with a rich, fudgy center. If you love cookies and brownies, then you will not want to miss this amazing cookie recipe.
My family LOVES baking cookies, especially when it gets close to the holidays. Every year, I prepare lots of holiday cookie plates to give to my friends and family as a gift.
There is just something about giving something homemade to someone. It brings such joy to my heart.
When I tested this recipe and found the perfect match between cookie and brownie, I knew it was going to be a hit with my family!
How to Make Salted Brownie Cookies
These cookies are baked until they are soft and fudgy on the inside and then sprinkled with flaky sea salt.
One thing I love about this recipe is that it really only uses a handful of ingredients that you should already have on hand if you are keeping a stocked pantry as I do during the holidays.
Your friends and family will ooh and ahh over how these cookies taste. There is no chilling of the dough either, which means you can make a batch of these cookies in under 30 minutes.
Once they are done baking, allow them to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool off.
That's it. You can wow everyone with this simple cookie recipe and as I said above, if you love brownies and you love cookies, then this recipe will become a new favorite for you and your family.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Like
We make a lot of cookies here, so here are a few of my favorite cooke recipes I have shared on the blog —
- Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Joanna Gaines Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies
- Grinch Cookies
So there you have it! Now, let me share this amazing Salted Brownie Cookie recipe with you. It is to die for!
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or with a couple of silicone mats.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a glass bowl and microwave in 15-second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn or chocolate will seize up and you will have to start all over.
- Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk together on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in melted chocolate for 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed for 20 seconds, just until combined.
- Now, fold in the chocolate chips. At this point, your dough is going to look like a very thick brownie batter.
- Use a medium cookie scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray to form the cookies.
- Be sure to space cookies out about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the tops are shiny and crackly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g