Grilled BBQ Chicken Leg Quarters is a simple and easy recipe to make on the grill this summer. Chicken leg quarters are a versatile cut of meat and can be used any way you want to.
This recipe is different from my Oven Baked Honey BBQ Chicken Legs recipe but still tastes amazing just the same.
Leg quarters are a great source of protein and a super cheap cut of meat. It is the thigh and the drumstick in one whole unit. These are the cuts of meat that are cheaper than any of the other parts of the chicken.
They are more flavorful and juicy than the breast or wing, so once you add the bbq sauce, you wind up with a dish that is nothing but a flavor punch in your mouth.
I start this recipe by sprinkling on a dry bbq rub. That adds an extra layer of bbq flavor. This honey hype bbq seasoning from Intensity Academy is my favorite.
Then, I grab my favorite bottled bbq sauce, or you can make my homemade bbq sauce for this recipe and head to the grill.
How to Grill Chicken Leg Quarters
Turn the grill to medium-high heat and place the chicken leg quarters on the grill. Baste one side with bbq sauce. Let the legs cook for about 7 minutes then flip them and baste the other side with bbq sauce.
Keep turning and basting each side until they are done. A thermometer stuck into the thickest part of the thigh will read about 165 when done grilling.
The bbq sauce will begin to char on the bbq chicken leg quarters and that is nothing but delicious flavor in my book!
Check out these other grilled recipes
To help you celebrate the grilling season, here are some more delicious grilling recipes to make your summer more exciting.
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp #BBQWeek
- Grilled Cajun Shrimp
- Paula Deen’s Grilled Potatoes
- Easy Grilled Hawaiian Pork Ribs
Grilled BBQ Chicken Leg Quarters
These grilled BBQ Chicken Leg Quarters are so easy to make and so delicious you won't believe the flavor.
- 6 chicken leg quarters
- bbq dry rub seasoning
- favorite bbq sauce
- Season the chicken leg quarters with dry bbq rub and massage into the meat.
- Turn the grill on medium-high and place the chicken leg quarters on the grill.
- Baste the ungrilled side with bbq sauce and cook for about 7 minutes. flip and baste the other side with bbq sauce and let it cook for 7 minutes.
- Continue flipping and basting the chicken leg quarters until a thermometer stuck in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees.
- Remove from the grill and allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 554Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 342mgSodium: 651mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 68g