One Pan Andouille Sausage with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts is spicy and delicious. This dinner meal is very nutritious and super easy to prepare because everything is cooked on one pan!
I am so in love with one-pan dinner ideas. To know that I can throw all the components of dinner onto a sheet pan or in a skillet and have everything done gives me all the giddies!
This sheet pan dinner is full of so much goodness. Delicious sweet potatoes and my favorite veggie — Brussel sprouts, along with onions, get roasted with chunks of spicy andouille sausage.
How to Make One Pan Adouille Sausage with Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
For this recipe you will need —
- Andouille Sausage: You’ll need 12 ounces of good andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts: Quarter the Brussels sprouts if they are large, and cut them in half if they are small.
- Sweet Potato: Cut the sweet potatoes into ½-inch cubes. Sweet potatoes are more dense than sprouts and sausage, so the pieces need to be smaller.
- Onion: I like to use a large yellow onion, cut into wedges. Feel free to substitute a red or white onion though!
- Olive Oil: For drizzling.
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning: You’ll need a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning blend.
- Dried Thyme and Oregano: One half teaspoon of each.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder: Every recipe needs these two spices
What is Andouille Sausage
Andouille sausage is a dry, flavorful, spicy sausage with a heartier texture than other sausages, thanks to the inclusion of chopped smoked pork, rather than using only ground meats. You will find this sausage in many Cajun and Creole dishes, and it makes a wonderful meal!
So now that you know what Andouille sausage is, let me show you how easy it is to throw this sheet pan together.
- Prepare the Oven and Pan. Preheat the oven to 400˚F, and spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Arrange the Sausage and Veggies. Add prepared sausages, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion to the sheet pan.
- Season. Drizzle the sausages and veggies with olive oil. Season all over with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder; mix and stir until everything is well combined.
- Roast. Bake for 15 minutes, and then stir. Continue to bake for 12 to 15 more minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Remove from the oven and serve.
And that's it! Your whole family will enjoy this meal.
Check out these other delicious sheet pan dinners
- Autumn Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- One Pan Steak Fajitas
- One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies
- 15 Minute One Pan Cheseburger Pasta
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Add cut sausages, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion to the sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the sausages and veggies.
Season all over with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder; mix and stir until everything is well combined.
- Bake for 15 minutes; stir.
- Continue to bake for 12 to 15 more minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 813mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g