Looking for a delicious recipe that is full of garlic flavor and then sweetened by orange juice and maple syrup? Look no further because this Orange Maple Garlic Chicken has all those flavors and more!
We are celebrating National Garlic week this week, so to kick things off, I am sharing this fantastic and easy peasy recipe with you.
The chicken gets crispy from being roasted in the pan, and then the garlic and onions are sauteed in the orange juice and maple syrup.
The chicken is then placed back in the pan and coated in the sauce for the ultimate chicken dinner. When I tell you that this recipe is one of the best you are going to try this year, I mean it.
How to Make Maple Orange Garlic Chicken
Start by seasoning your chicken with coriander, cumin, and salt.
Now, juice and strain 4 oranges. You should have about 3/4 cup of juice. You can use any kind of oranges you have for this recipe.
Dice up one small onion and two teaspoons of fresh rosemary. Set them aside. Now, mince up 3 cloves of garlic. Set it aside.
Melt two tablespoons of butter in with two tablespoons of light olive oil over medium to medium-high heat.
Lay the chicken breasts into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until a crust forms. If the chicken seems to be sticking, do not try to flip. They should release easily.
Once you flip the chicken, place the pan in a 400-degree oven for about 20 minutes. Once they have cooked through, remove the pan from the oven and take the chicken, and place it on a plate.
Place the skillet back on the stove and add the onion. Cook in the chicken juices until translucent, about 5 minutes. Next, add the garlic and allow it to saute for a minute or two.
Now, add in the orange juice, chicken broth, and maple syrup. Throw in the chopped rosemary and mix well. Let the liquid simmer over medium-high heat until it is reduced and thickened. This will take about 10 minutes.
Now, put the chicken back in the pan and spoon the glaze over the top.
Check out these other chicken dishes
Great Garlic Recipes
- Garlic and Sea Salt Pita Chips from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- The Best Garlic Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Perfect Garlic Parmesan Sourdough Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Mini Garlic Monkey Bread from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Open Face Sandwiches with Garlic Aoili from Art of Natural Living
- Orange Maple Garlic Chicken from Jen Around the World
- Slovakian Creamy Garlic Soup from Pandemonium Noshery
- Spicy Garlic Ginger Sauce from That Recipe
- Texas Toast Garlic Bread from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- TBD from Magical Ingredients
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoonground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup orange juice, strained (about 4 oranges)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl; combine the cumin, coriander, and kosher salt. Season both sides of all the chicken. Be sure to use all the spices in the bowl.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large oven-safe skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken in and cook for 4-5 minutes or until a nice crust forms and it is easy to turn the chicken. If the chicken sticks, it needs more time.
- Flip the chicken and put the pan into the preheated oven. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Once the chicken is fully cooked, use tongs to transfer the chicken to a clean plate
- Now, to that same skillet, add in the diced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until they're soft and translucent. Add the garlic and allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, pour in the orange juice, chicken broth, and maple syrup.
- Add in the rosemary and black pepper and simmer until the sauce has reduced by half. It will create a thick glaze. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and then spoon the glaze over top of the chicken and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 38g