This Quick and Easy Parmesan Chicken recipe will become your family's favorite go-to dinner.
Our family eats a lot of chicken around here, so I am always looking for ways to create a new recipe instead of just eating grilled or baked chicken.
I discovered this recipe years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since.
How to Make Quick and Easy Parmesan Chicken
This chicken gets its name from the Parmesan Cheese that is mixed with the crushed Ritz crackers creating a fabulous crispy crust.
This recipe really only has a few simple ingredients —
- 1 sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 4-6 boneless skinless breasts or thighs
I usually create myself an assembly station so I can dunk the chicken in the butter, then dredge in the cracker mixture and then place right into my skillet or baking dish.
From there, you just bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
If you want less of a cooking time, just be sure to flatten your chicken out to the same thickness for even and quick cooking.
Can This Be Frozen For Later Use?
You can absolutely make this ahead of time and freeze and then cook later. Simply make it up to the point of cooking it, and instead of popping it in the oven, cover with foil and place in the freezer.
When ready to cook, remove from the freezer and thaw. Then bake as you normally would.
And that's it. It is a very simple and easy recipe that everyone is going to FLIP over!
Looking for Other Chicken Recipes? Check These Out
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese (jarred is fine)
- 1 tablespoon of dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallwo dish, mix together the crackers, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Place stick of butter in another shallow dish and melt in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds.
- Trim all the fat off of the chicken.
- Take each piece of chicken and roll in the butter, making sure to coat both sides.
- Next, dredge in the cracker mixture making sure to coat both sides.
- Place in a cast iron skillet or 9x13 baking dish.
- Continue with each piece. If you run out of butter, just melt more.
- Once you finish coating all the chicken, take the remaining cracker mixture and add a little more to the top of each piece of chicken.
- Take the leftover butter and drizzle on the chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. You may need to cook longer if your chicken is thicker.
- Your meal will be done when a meat thermometer is inserted into the chicken and reads 160 degrees.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 177mgSodium: 757mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 45g