Looking for a delicious salad this summer? My Grilled Balsamic Chicken Berry Salad is perfect on those days you want a lighter dinner full of robust flavor.
I don't know about you, but during the summer, I do not like eating anything heavy. During the winter months, I crave things like my Mongolian Ground Beef Noodles or a big huge batch of my Copycat Cheesecake Factory Honey Wheat Bread.
But during the summer, I crave delicious, easy dinners like this Grilled Balsamic Chicken Berry Salad I threw together. It is super simple to make and I even serve it with my Homemade Poppyseed Dressing.
What Makes this Salad So Amazing
Now, you can make this salad with any protein you like, or you can even leave the protein out if you want, but I love marinating my chicken breasts in a balsamic marinade before grilling.
The reason for this is because the taste of balsamic vinegar goes so great with a berry salad topped with Feta Cheese and that is exactly what you have going on here.
You don't even have to let the chicken marinade for very long at all. I think mine was in the fridge for about 30 minutes before I cooked it up.
You can cook it one of two ways — on the grill, or in a cast iron pan like this one. I have done it both ways and it is extremely delicious either way.
Assembling the Salad
To assemble the salad you will need the following —
- Chicken breast tenders
- Spring Mix
- Mixed berries — blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Feta Cheese
- Green Onions
- Spiced Pecans (here is my favorite recipe)
- Your favorite dressing
This salad is absolute perfection! It really hits the spot on a hot day. If you want another salad that is perfect for a hot day, check out my Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad — this one is drizzled with a balsamic reduction sauce and has the best flavor ever.
Making salads like these are easy. Find out what pairs well together and then build from there. They are perfect for anyone eating a clean diet or other popular diets going on.
For the balsamic marinade
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
For the Salad
- 1 cup of Spring mix
- 1 cup of Spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup each of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- 1/4 cup of Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped Spiced Pecans (or you can use plain)
- Place all marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag.
- Add the chicken breast tenders and seal the bag. Mush evenly so that the marinade covers all the tenders.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook chicken, place chicken on a hot grill and grill 6-8 minutes on either side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken and set it aside while you assemble the salad.
- To assemble the salad -- mix the Spring mix and Spinach leaves together. Top with berries, spiced chopped pecans, and feta cheese.
- Slice the chicken and place it on top of the salad. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 43g