These Strawberry Cake Balls are the perfect bite-sized dessert full of delicious strawberry flavor. Perfect for date night, Valentine's Day, or just because.
We visited our local bakery the other day to get some donoughts and coffee. Inside the bakery, I checked out the other desserts they had and spied some strawberry cake balls. You may know them as cake pops, however because these are not on sticks, I don't consider them pops.
I bought a couple thinking they would taste just like regular cake pops, but that first bite caused a beautiful explosion of strawberry taste in my mouth.
I knew from the moment I took that first bite, I would be making these at home!
My daughter and I left there immediately with coffee in hand and headed to the store to get the supplies I needed.
These literally take nothing to make and it is a simple and easy recipe you can make any time you need a bite-sized dessert to take somewhere.
How to Make Strawberry Cake Balls
To make this recipe, here is a list of what you are going to need — even the tools you will want to make sure you have on hand.
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- Vanilla Frosting
- Strawberry Candy melts
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Cookie Sheet
- Silicone Mat
- Cookie Scoop
That is all you need to make this fun Strawberry cake pops recipe.
Start by baking your cake according to the package instructions.
Once the cake bakes, crumble it up in a bowl and set it aside to cool.
When the cake has cooled, mix in 1/2 of a can of vanilla frosting. Mix it together until everything is incorporated well.
Place your cookie sheet down and put the silicone mat on top. If you don't have a silicone mat, you can just use parchment paper.
Take the cookie scoop and scoop out some of the cake mixture. Roll between your palms to create the perfect ball.
Place on the cookie sheet. Once you have all the balls rolled out, place the cookie sheet in the fridge for the balls to firm up.
While the Strawberry Cake Bites are firming up, melt your strawberry candy melts in the microwave.
Once you get the candy melts microwaved and melted, remove the balls from the fridge and dip in the candy melts to coat all sides.
Sprinkle the tops with various Valentine sprinkles for the perfect treat. I plan on making these and serving them on Valetine's Day to my sweetheart.
That is the beauty of strawberry –it makes the perfect Valentine Treat. If a cake is more your speed, you might check out my Easy Strawberry Buttercream Cake.
Looking for other strawberry recipes? Check these out
- Mini strawberry Scones with Vanilla Glaze
- Easy Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- 1 bag of strawberry candy melts
- Miscellaneous Valentine sprinkles
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Remove cake from oven and crumble in a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Once the cake is cool, add in only 1/2 of the tub of vanilla frosting and mix together.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop out balls of dough. Roll between palms to create the perfect ball.
- Place on a parchment-lined or silicone mat lined cookie sheet.
- Place in the fridge to set up.
- While balls are setting up, melt your candy melts in the microwave according to package directions.
- Once all the candy is melted, remove the balls from the fridge and dip each one in the candy melts.
- Be sure to cover all sides. Use a fork and a spoon to get all sides covered.
- Place on the cookie sheet and then sprinkle with Valentine sprinkles.
- Allow the balls to set up for about 30 minutes and then give to friends and family or serve them to your sweetie!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g