If you want a great coffee pick-me-up, try this Blackberry Lavender White Mocha Latte on for size! I am so in love with this coffee beverage that we came up with.
Yesterday I shared our newest recipe for Lemon Lavender Macarons for Spring Sweets Week. Today, I have a delicious cold coffee drink for you that is full of blackberry, lavender, and white chocolate. It is seriously the best combination I have tasted.
As my daughter and I were brainstorming for this coffee recipe, we decided to base it off the Blackberry Shortcake coffee from Door County Coffee. It is a spectacular coffee flavor that is infused with blackberries.
We added a little lavender simple syrup that we made using Lavender paste from Taylor & Colledge and of course, sugar from Dixie Crystals.
How to Make Blackberry Lavender White Mocha Latte
This one is very simple and easy to make. I like to use my espresso maker whenever I make a latte. If you do not have one, you can totally do this by making a simple cold brew — or if you like it hot, you can do that as well.
I start by taking the Blackberry shortcake coffee and grinding it to a fine espresso powder in my coffee grinder.
The coffee is the perfect size grind in the pouch for either a cold brew blend or for a hot drip coffee.
Since I was using my espresso maker, I ground it very fine.
For the lavender simply syrup, I combined 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of lavender paste in a sauce pan. I cooked it over medium heat just until the sugar melted.
Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool just a bit.
Let's put our coffee drink together!
Start by adding ice cubes to your glass.
In a pint sized mason jar, add in 2 tablespoons of white chocolate sauce, 2 tablespoons of lavender simple syrup (you can use more or less of this based on your own tastebuds), and then a double shot of espresso.
I like to add the hot espresso at this point so that it can melt the chocolate sauce.
Then, to finish it, take about 4 ounces of milk of your choice (almond, oat, regular) and pour into the mason jar. Mix together with a long spoon and then pour over your ice.
Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of lavender buds for the perfect refreshing Spring drink.
- 1 package of Blackberry Shortcake coffee from Door County Coffee
- White Chocolate Sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of lavender paste
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Lavender buds (optional)
- Make a simple syrup by combining sugar, water, and lavender paste together. Heat in a saucepan on the stove on medium heat until the sugar is just melted. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Take the pack of coffee and using a coffee grinder, grind to a fine espresso powder.
- If you do not want to drink it as espresso, you can use the coffee as is to make a cold brew coffee or a hot coffee. There will be no need to grind it.
- Make a double shot of espresso according to the directions on your espresso maker.
- Add the double shot to a pint mason jar and add in 2 tablespoons of white chocolate sauce, and 2 tablespoons of Lavender Simple Syrup. You can add more or less of the simple syrup depending on how much you want in your coffee.
- Mix together and then add in 4 ounces of the milk of your choice. Mix together with a long spoon and pour over ice in your glass.
- Top with Whipped cream and a sprinkling of lavender buds for the perfect Springtime coffee drink.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 2g