This recipe for Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate will have you making batch after batch for the summer months!
There are two kinds of people in the world — those that drink hot coffee and those that drink cold coffee. I like them both, so I fall somewhere in between. Since my daughter and I are huge fans of cold brew coffee, we decided to create our own Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate — and with this one, you will not ever want another store-bought brand ever.
Making this cold brew coffee concentrate is simple and easy. You only need two ingredients — the best ground coffee you can get and water — that’s it! Of course, it helps to know the best coffee beans for cold brew if you are using fresh ground coffee.
How to Make Your Own Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
I don’t have any fancy contraptions or jars for doing this. I simply use a big mason jar (like this one from Amazon) and pour my fresh coffee grounds into a jar and top it off with water. Then I let it sit on the counter and steep for 24 hours.
Of course, you can always go with an actual cold brew making kit which works great too.
But first — let’s talk about the coffee. You need really good coffee for this to turn out right, so make sure to buy good coffee and not off-brand.
Using good coffee ensures you are going to get the taste you are going for. Sometimes off-brand coffee has an extremely bitter flavor.
The Secret for Cold Brew Coffee
“Cold brew” really means room temperature, by the way. The first time I tried it, I put my jar of grounds and water into the fridge. Don’t do this until you have gotten the right flavor for your concentrate completed.
For more coffee recipes, check out these favorites!
- Pumpkin Flavored Coffee Syrup – How to Make Your Own at Home
- Spiced Mocha – Making Coffee House Coffees at Home
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Caramel Macchiato using the Ninja Coffee Bar
- 3 Ingredient Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 pound Ground Coffee (good, Rich Roast)
- 8 quarts Cold Water.
- In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
- Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed.
- To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with coffee liquid. Add a couple of tablespoons of your favorite creamer, half-half or sweetened condensed milk.
- Taste and adjust half-and-half and/or sweetened condensed milk as needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tiger Chef 12 Quart Commercial Grade Clear Food Storage Square Polycarbonate Containers With Blue Lids
Olicity Cheesecloth, Grade 90, 45 Square Feet, 100% Unbleached Cotton Fabric Ultra Fine Cheesecloth for Cooking, Strainer, Baking, Hallowmas Decorations (5 Yards)
IPOW Fine Mesh Strainer, 3 Pack Professional Super Fine Mesh Strainer with Strengthened Handle for Sifting Flour, Noodle, Icing Sugar, Quinoa, Coffee, Juice, Tea etc
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 16mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g