These pet-friendly businesses in Georgetown, KY will have you bringing your fur baby to one of the most charming small towns I have ever been to in my life!
I have been having the travel bug lately. For most of 2020, I have stayed home and not traveled anywhere, and I am SO ready to go.
But now, we have our new puppy Milo, and I am looking for fun places where I can travel with him.
However, I did not have to look very far, because one of my favorite cities in Kentucky is super pet-friendly! I have been to Georgetown, KY now about 3 times and every time I visit, I fall more in love with this gorgeous small-town city.
I reached out to their CVB to find out which businesses would allow me to bring my baby in for shopping and eating, and I have the low down for you — just in case you are like me and want to visit with your puppy too!
Before traveling with your pet, make sure you bring along all the much-needed supplies. You can find that list here.
Pet-Friendly Businesses in Georgetown, KY
- Country Boy Brewing – The Kitchen – Patio Area
- Wilshire’s Restaurant – Patio Area
- Cup of Commonwealth — and they offer dog treats too!
- Spotz Gelato
- Slainte Public House
- Far Out Espresso
There are so many amazing places to shop in downtown Georgetown, KY!
- Meraki and Moon – has a doggie mural where your pup has angel wings
- Abbey Mae’s -Service animals only – Sara’s shop is named after her two pups and she often hosts Humane Society functions
- Heirlooms & Gretchen's– They love pets. but if you visit, please try to keep out of the area where glass is so paws are safe.
- Scrap, Paper Scissors
- Oh, Sew Cute — they also offer to embroider pet harnesses, leashes, and collars.
- Birdsong Quilting — if you visit here with your pet, give them a heads up so that they can put away the office dog.
- Maime's Fine Wine and Gifts
- The Hidden Trove (animal service friendly only)
- Cravens and Lewis Jewelers
- Simple Charm –Animals must be leashed, people-friendly or tolerant, and potty trained. Simple Charm carries a varying selection of pet-related signs, ornaments, and odds and ends.
- Cloud 9 Designs Co
- Baymont by Wyndham
- Best Western Plus
- Comfort Suites
- Country Inn and Suites
- Deluxe Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Hampton Inn
- Home 2 Suites by Hilton
- Microtel by Wyndham
- Kentucky Horse Park
- Evan’s Orchard
- Bi-Water Farm
- The Georgetown/Scott County Tourism Welcome Center and our new Royal Spring Welcome Center
- Veteran’s Wildlife Management Area – Scott County
Parks and Recreation Areas
- Yuko – En Garden – Walking Trails
- Scott County Park – Walking Trails
- Scott County Dog Park by the Scott County Animal Shelter
- Great Crossing Dog Park (4-acre dog park with fields for both large and small dogs)
- Historic Downtown Walking Tour
- The Festival of the Horse
Also — Once a year the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department hosts a pool for paws. All paws get to jump and play in the outdoor Aquatic Center.
Georgetown businesses — if you are a pet friendly location and you do not see your business listed here, be sure and email me and let me know and I will get you added!
Click this link for a complete guide to visiting Georgetown, KY. This has a list of all the things I have seen and been a part of while visiting the city.
To find out all that Georgetown has to offer, visit their visitor's page here.