This slow cooker mongolian chicken recipe is a simple and easy throw together dinner. I like to serve mine with rice and a side of roasted broccoli.
This was my first time making this for my family and I do believe it was a hit!
This recipe is a somewhat a healthy chicken dish. I make sure to serve it with steamed vegetables and rice on the side.
I love that from start to finish, this recipe only takes 4 hours. No need to do anything but dump it and go. Those are my favorite crockpot meals.
What is Mongolian Chicken?
Mongolian Chicken is really a take on my Mongolian Ground Beef Noodles, Normally, whatever meat you are using, it will be typically stir fried then tossed with a sauce made from brown sugar, garlic and ginger then served over or with rice.
Of course, we added hoisin sauce to really punch up the flavors.
Watch Your Chicken
I will caution you to really watch your chicken. It is not my favorite protein to make in the slow cooker because it can go from tender and juicy to rubbery and mushy in a heart beat.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
The sauce is perfect and thick and goes great over a huge bowl of rice. Then, top it with the chicken and then spoon more sauce over the top.
Sprinkle on some green onions and sesame seeds for both color and flavor.
Looking for More Slow Cooker Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Easy Slow Cooker Pinto Beans with Ham Hock
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Butt
- The Perfect Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Welcome to our #NationalSlowCookerMonth Celebration!
January is National Slow Cooker Month and this week we are celebrating all things slow cooker! We have delicious recipes from across the country to fill your meal plans with delicious slow cooker recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon and Rice Soup from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken from Jen Around the World
- The Best Slow Cooker Gingerbread Oatsfrom Magical Ingredients
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings from Daily Dish Recipes
- Simple Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup from Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos from The Spiffy Cookie
- Best Slow Cooker Goulash from Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooked Asian Chicken from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crockpot London Broil from The Fresh Cooky
- Pan de Elote/Slow Cooker Corn Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup from Life Love and Good Food
- Dr Pepper Pulled Pork from Devour Dinner
- Slow Cooker Salmon from Our Good Life
- 2 pounds chicken breast, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
For the Sauce!
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped green onions
- Add the cornstarch to a ziplock bag. Slice your chicken and add it to the bad.
- Now, shake until the chicken is coated in the cornstarch. Add the chicken to a 6 quart slow cooker along with the sliced onions.
- Mix the ingredients together for the sauce and pour over the chicken and onions, toss to combine.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours, leave the lid off for 15 minute before serving. Mix it togther. The sauce should have thickened at this point.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and rice if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 1716mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 51g