I recently shared with you my delicious pumpkin gnocchi recipe. My daughter and I have been eating on it for over a month now. When we made it, it made a big enough batch that we were able to freeze some of it for quick weeknight meals. One of our favorites is this Pumpkin Gnocchi in Brown Butter Sage Sauce.
Once you have used the recipe above for my pumpkin Gnocchi, you can create all kinds of versatile meals in a snap. These are great for a vegetarian or even someone like me who just likes to take a break from meat sometimes.
Start with a pan and melt a little butter.
Allow the butter to melt in your pan. Put your stovetop on medium high. Watch it as it turns from a yellow color into a beautiful brown color. Be sure not to burn it. As soon as it becomes brown, remove it from the heat.
Then you will add in your lemon juice minced garlic, and sage leaves. For the sage leaves, be sure to chiffonade them. To do this, roll them up and then run your knife through them to create ribbons.
Once you add your lemon juice and sage to the brown butter, then throw in your pumpkin gnocchi. Use as many pieces as you want — we used about 2 cups worth.
Season with salt and pepper and let the gnocchi crisp up a bit.
Once it is done, plate it and then top with Parmesan cheese, and another splash of lemon juice for one of the most amazing meals you have ever eaten.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 sage leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of pumpkin gnocchi
- In a skillet on medium high heat, brown your two tablespoons of butter. Once it browns remove it from the heat.
- Add in your sage leaves, garlic and lemon juice.
- Return to the stovetop and then throw in your pumpkin gnocchi. Let it cook for a couple of minutes until the gnocchi gets a little browned.
- Season with salt and pepper and then plate. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice.
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?