This Strawberry Spinach Salad is the perfect salad to kick off the strawberry season with. Drizzle on this homemade balsamic dressing for the most amazing salad you will make this spring.
The moment the weather changes and it starts getting warm, I CRAVE salad. I love making all kinds like this easy Caprese salad or this simple Kale salad as well.
No salad is complete though, without the perfect dressing, and this one screams for an easy balsamic dressing.
Of course, if balsamic is not your thing, my homemade poppyseed dressing would be a close second for this tasty salad.
The Salad Components
For this salad, you will need —
- Spinach leaves
- Feta Cheese
- Pecans or Walnuts
- Fresh sliced strawberries — straight from my Harvest Crate order!
That is all that I put in this salad. If you are not a fan of spinach, you can totally sub that out for spring mix, butterhead lettuce, or even romaine. My favorite though is spinach.
The dressing comes together quickly. I usually just add all my ingredients to a jar and shake. Then I just pour it over the salad.
- Dried basil
- balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
This is the most perfect salad I have ever tasted. Sometimes I add some grilled chicken to this salad and make it a complete meal for myself. Other times I have added extra berries I have on hand to create a Mixed Berry Salad.
Check out these other salad recipes below!
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing #SpringSweetsWeek
- TikTok Green Goddess Salad
- Rafferty’s House Salad
- Layered Taco Salad in a Jar – a perfect mason jar recipe
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Simple and perfect strawberry spinach salad topped with an amazing balsamic vinegar dressing
For the Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 quart strawberries hulled and quartered
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- Toast the walnuts or pecans in a skillet over medium heat just until fragrant, about 6 minutes.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well. Set it aside.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl -- 1/2 the spinach, 1/2 the strawberries, nuts, and feta. Repeat the layers.
- Drizzle on the dressing. Make sure to not saturate the salad. Everyone can add more dressing if they need once the salad is on their plate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g