You know that when a recipe is made multiple times in a week — it has to be good — and that is what we found when we made these delicious Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
My daughter discovered this recipe while browsing on Pinterest. The minute she saw them she yelled, “Moooooom — we have to make these!” — so we made the trek to the grocery store to grab the ingredients we didn’t have on hand so we could make them.
Little did I know that we would be making these biscuits over and over and over again during the next few days.
She has made these biscuits SO many times now, that she doesn’t even need to use the recipe anymore. And we love the addition of fresh parsley and butter on top.
We just use ours from my beautiful herb garden and it’s doesn’t take anytime til these are done and piping hot.
I caution you though — you cannot just eat one. They are addictive.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- !For the topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
- If they are not brown enough by this time, stick them under the broiler for just a few minutes until they get the desired color you want.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.