This Rustic Apple Pie is one of the best apple desserts that can definitely be enjoyed by everyone.
How to Make Rustic Apple Pie
- 1 package of refrigerated pie dough
- 4 large apples ( I used Golden delicious but any apple would do fine)
- 1/4 cup sugar + 2 teaspoons (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten + 1 tablespoon of water for egg wash
- Position an oven rack in the bottom 1/3 of the oven, and preheat the oven to 400°F.
For the filling
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut the apples into 1/8-1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Transfer the slices to the large bowl.
- Sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch over the apples.
- Using the wooden spoon, gently stir the fruit until it is evenly coated with the sugar mixture.
Assemble the pie
- Remove the rolled-out pie dough from the box and lay it on a cookie sheet. Spoon the apple filling onto the circle, piling apples on each other if necessary. Leave a 1-2-inch-wide border uncovered around the edge of the dough.
- Fold the border up and over the filling, gathering the dough into pleats so it fits snugly around the fruit .The center of the pie will be open.
Finish and bake the pie
- Brush the pleated dough edges with egg wash, then sprinkle them with the sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the crust is a deep golden brown and the fruit is juicy and bubbling.
- Once the pie is finished baking, use a metal spatula to lift the pie slightly and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Looking for more apple recipes?
- Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings
- Caramel Apple Mocktail – the perfect Non-Alcoholic Fall Drink
- Mini Caramel Apples #BacktoSchoolTreats
- Caramel Apple Slices on a Stick #backtoschooltreats
- Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast Featuring Bays English Muffins
- Brie Apple and Honey Crostini
- Crockpot Apple Cider – the perfect fall beverage
- Fried Apple Pies
What is your favorite rustic dessert?