One of our favorite coffees of all time is the most sought-after coffee — the Pumpkin Spice Latte. From the moment August hits, we count down the days until we can get our first one. Now, with her delicious Pumpkin Flavored Coffee Syrup, we don't have to wait for a Starbucks run or until September or October. We can have it all year long.
This syrup can be made in 15 minutes or less and just like a Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte version except your version is way cheaper, better and easy to assemble once you make the syrup.
By making your own favorite coffees at home, you can save a bunch of money by not buying them every day and you also save on gas! Looking for another copycat Starbucks coffee? Try my Caramel Machiatto!
And while you’re at it, you can make a double batch and share it with your co-workers or friends. They will think you’re a self made barista (okay I am for sure and I will gladly own that title!).
How to Make Your Own Pumpkin Flavored Coffee Syrup
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to keep syrup from burning.
- Let the mixture cook together like syrup and begins to coat the spoon (for about 10-15 minutes), then remove from heat.
- Let cool for a bit and then place in a heat-proof container. Set on the counter and use when you want to make a delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte!
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons syrup with 2 cups milk in microwave (adjust milk depending on pumpkin flavor desired)
- Pour into a blender or whisk until frothy, for about ten seconds (to make it thick and prevent the pumpkin from settling on the bottom).
- Pour 1/2 cup of the pumpkin spice mixture into a large mug. Top it off with strong, hot coffee.
- Add some whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon for the perfect latte!
With this delicious pumpkin flavored coffee syrup, if you are trying to watch your sugar intake, you can use Splenda instead.
Don’t forget the whipped cream or fat-free whipped cream! You can also drizzle some caramel sauce on top and sprinkle of cinnamon for the perfect fall drink.
My daughter is always about making our own homemade versions of our favorite coffee flavors. She truly believes that homemade is better, and to be honest — I tend to agree with her. Our versions have never tasted so good!
You can also add some syrup to enhance your favorite pumpkin bread, waffles, pancakes, donuts, ciders or smoothies, just to mention a few fall inspirational ideas.
What is your favorite pumpkin flavored dessert or drink?