This homemade coconut syrup is perfect for your coffees and lattes. Create coffeehouse coffees at home with fun recipes like this one. Perfect to have on hand for your next brunch.
I have been craving a delicious coconut mocha iced coffee from my favorite coffee house. However, we are trying to save money, so I have been trying to recreate all my favorites at home. To create this delicious coffee, you must first have coconut syrup — and that is what I have to share with you today.
Normally I use Monin Coconut Syrup, but now that I know how easy it is to make at home — no need to buy the storebought stuff!
So, let me show you how easy it is to make.
How to Make Homemade Coconut Syrup for coffees and lattes
Add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water. Boil the water until the sugar dissolves. Turn to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from the stove and add one can of coconut milk. Mix well and then place the syrup in a mason jar or two and refrigerate.
It will last for one month in the fridge.
This makes enough for about 2 jars full of syrup so you will have plenty for leftovers.
I serve our coffee in these super cute glasses I found on Amazon. Making your own coffee at home doesn't have to be hard at all.
[Related article: What is the difference between cold brew and iced coffee]
Looking for More Cofee Inspiration? Check out these posts
- Coconut Mocha Iced Coffee
- Cinnamon Roll Whipped Coffee
- Cinnamon Coffee Scones
- Blueberry Flavored No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream
- Coffee Crusted Steaks
- Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub
- Mint Mocha Iced Coffee
- Spiced Mocha
- Homemade Caramel Macchiato (made with the Ninja Coffee Bar)
- Crockpot Pumpkin Spiced Coffee
- Pumpkin Flavored Coffee Syrup
Also, be sure to visit the Best Coffee Recipes page on my blog for more inspiration. I even have a list of some of my favorite coffee accessories.
Friday #BrunchWeek Recipes
- Coconut Syrup for Lattes from Jen Around the World
Appetizers and Salads
- Dill Pickle Cream Cheese from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Breads, Grains, and Cereals
- Banana Thumbprint Donuts from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Blueberry Pan Cake from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Ham and Broccoli Muffins from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Easy Soft Boiled Eggs from Palatable Pastime
- Instant Pot Ham and Cheese Egg Bites from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Scrambled Tofu Bowl from Magical Ingredients
- Homemade Italian Sausage from Art of Natural Living
- Almond Bundt Cake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Dr. Pepper Bundt Cake from That Recipe
- Dulce de Leche Dumpling Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Japanese Coffee Jelly from Tara's Multicultural Table
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie from For the Love of Food
Homemade Coconut Syrup
Perfect homemade coconut syrup for coffees and lattes.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Combine the sugar and water together in a saucepan. Boil until the sugar dissolves. Turn to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the can of coconut milk. Mix well and pour into mason jars.
- Allow them to cool. Add the lids and store them in the refrigerator. Will last for one month.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g