Missing your favorite coffee shop coffees right now? I have tons of recipes including this new one for Dark Chocolate Sauce that can be used in all your iced coffees and hot lattes.
Ever since we have been stuck in the house, I have really been missing my local coffee dates with my friends and my daughter. Thankfully, we have the ability to make our own coffee house coffees at home.
The one thing I can't seem to find that the store is always out of is dark chocolate sauce. There are several brands at the store, but they are usually out.
Kayla decided to try her hand at making her own dark chocolate sauce.
Making this dark chocolate sauce is simple and easy. It's two ingredients and then you just store it in the fridge until you need to use it.
Mine is thick in the picture because as it gets cold, it gels up a little. However, when you put it in your cup and pour hot coffee on it, it melts really easily.
Coffees You Can Make
Once you get your dark chocolate sauce made, the possibilities are endless with the types of coffees you can make.
So far, we have made mint mocha iced coffee (which is so good by the way). You can make this using an espresso machine. Or you can just make your cold brew coffee concentrate and keep it in the fridge also.
You can even turn this into an event with friends and make your own DIY Sharpie Coffee mugs.
If you like spicy coffee then this Spiced Mocha will be right up your alley!
- 1 12-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 12-ounce can of evaporated milk
- Add your can of evaporated milk to a saucepan and heat on medium until hot but not boiling.
- Remove the evaporated milk from the stove and pour your chocolate chips into the hot milk.
- Using a spoon, mix together until the chips melt and create a delicious creamy sauce.
- If your sauce is a little chunky, you can strain it to get it all creamy and delicious.
- Store in a jar in the fridge. Use in your favorite coffee house coffees.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g