Missing your favorite coffee shop coffees right now? I have tons of recipes including this new one for Dark Chocolate Sauce that can be used in all your iced coffees and hot lattes.
Ever since we have been stuck in the house, I have really been missing my local coffee dates with my friends and my daughter. Thankfully, we have the ability to make our own coffee house coffees at home.
The one thing I can't seem to find that the store is always out of is dark chocolate sauce. There are several brands at the store, but they are usually out.
Kayla decided to try her hand at making her own dark chocolate sauce.
Making this dark chocolate sauce is simple and easy. It's two ingredients and then you just store it in the fridge until you need to use it.
Mine is thick in the picture because as it gets cold, it gels up a little. However, when you put it in your cup and pour hot coffee on it, it melts really easily.
Coffees You Can Make
Once you get your dark chocolate sauce made, the possibilities are endless with the types of coffees you can make.
So far, we have made mint mocha iced coffee (which is so good by the way). You can make this using an espresso machine. Or you can just make your cold brew coffee concentrate and keep it in the fridge also.
You can even turn this into an event with friends and make your own DIY Sharpie Coffee mugs.
If hot coffee is more your thing, grab yourself a Ninja Coffee Bar and make this delicious Caramel Machiatto.
If you like spicy coffee then this Spiced Mocha will be right up your alley!
Making your own coffee at home is not hard! If you are like me missing all your favorite coffee house coffees, then you need to check this list out. So many great coffees on this list.
If you are traveling through Waco, Texas then you need to read this post. I shared about 5 unique coffee shops in Waco — I got coffee at every single one.
Looking for More Coffee Inspiration? Check These Out
- Coconut Mocha Iced Coffee
- Cinnamon Roll Whipped Coffee
- Cinnamon Coffee Scones
- Blueberry Flavored No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream
- Coffee Crusted Steaks
- Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub
- Mint Mocha Iced Coffee
- Spiced Mocha
- Homemade Caramel Macchiato (made with the Ninja Coffee Bar)
- Crockpot Pumpkin Spiced Coffee
- Pumpkin Flavored Coffee Syrup
Also, be sure to visit the Best Coffee Recipes page on my blog for more inspiration. I even have a list of some of my favorite coffee accessories.
Dark Chocolate Sauce for Coffees and Lattes
This dark chocolate sauce is perfect for all your favorite coffees and lattes.
- 1 12-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 12-ounce can of evaporated milk
- Add your can of evaporated milk to a saucepan and heat on medium until hot but not boiling.
- Remove the evaporated milk from the stove and pour your chocolate chips into the hot milk.
- Using a spoon, mix together until the chips melt and create a delicious creamy sauce.
- If your sauce is a little chunky, you can strain it to get it all creamy and delicious.
- Store in a jar in the fridge. Use in your favorite coffee house coffees.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g